Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Powerplay

Started by TroyVK · 23 Jan 2012 · 168 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

IGNITEArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltrb-0 [View Post] man you would have to have one of the most consistant race cars out there how many events do you get out to, love the car btw It is. That's what I like about it the most. I try to get out as much as I can. I have a few supporters & sponcers but the rest I do out of my own back pocket. It costs a bit just to go and do a test n tune. I would love to be racing more but it all comes down to $$$ gormo, Sherif and a few of the other quick boys no were I'm coming from.
0 likes
mIsS VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HYPED6 [View Post] Its a Ski boat race down the Murray River. 80K flat out and the big boys can do it in 30 min flat with 2 skiers. That's an average of 160kph on water. Its a great spectacle on a river that would only be 50m wide and is full of corners and trees. Unlucky about your oil pump troy. That has happened to me before and its not a fun thing. ---------- Post added 17-02-12 at 14:39 ---------- Im down with a boat cruise, Might even throw in a little wake boarding. Maybe even next weekend. sunday after soundwaves!!!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SHERIFArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by IGNITE [View Post] It is. That's what I like about it the most. I try to get out as much as I can. I have a few supporters & sponcers but the rest I do out of my own back pocket. It costs a bit just to go and do a test n tune. I would love to be racing more but it all comes down to $$$ gormo, Sherif and a few of the other quick boys no were I'm coming from. Any offers for sponcership?? :-) You are right Ben it does cost and when you have kids and mortgage things do mount up.... congrats on getting back out there running some numbers and havin fun.
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
Yeah i heard something about motors needing oil pressure, pretty crazy stuff. So what yas are saying is a -12 oil feed to the turbo would be a bad idea???
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
u could run a -12 oil feed but u will need a little restrictor lol
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PRO840 [View Post] yeah would of been abit tight if unopened (depending on the k"s), i like 2.5 to 3 thou my self but everybody cooks them different. its like anything depends on pump, oil can play a big part not worth running bigger clearences with a std pump is it with a good pump (external wet or dry sump )you can even go a little bigger as you no there are alot of varibles
0 likes
HYPED6Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TroyVK [View Post] I haven't gone on any forums to ask for advice on this I was told this mod and sent videos of it from an employee at Titan who got the info from Cody Phillips Sorry, I couldn't resist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgqcs7F3Aw
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HYPED6 [View Post] Sorry, I couldn't resist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgqcs7F3Aw Hahahahaha YouTube comes through with the goods yet again lol
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
I'm pretty sure it's a different Cody Phillips.... But I'm sure u know that
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,094 threads, 195,673 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.9% of indexed threads saved