Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Paint combo opinions

Started by Katsa · 20 July 2018 · 25 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Guys, thoughts and opinions on paint for the bt1 Is Kimberly bronze and will be painted that colour again. Options are- Monotone Kimberly bronze Kimberly bronze with mx grey bars/moulds Kimberly bronze with asteroid silver bars/moulds
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
When it comes to resale value standard is best. For mine MX grey looks best on SL BT1 anyway
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
what was it from factory?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
MX looks the best imo
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] what was it from factory? Honestly not sure mate, I'm assuming monotone, but the bars have been sprayed down the line, now I'm re painting and at abit of a blank as to what to paint it. I'm leaning towards mx grey
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
that is a tough one. if it was a berlina id say mx grey cos youd have the black around the windows to break it up but being an sl it may look funny bronze without the black or pinstriping..
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] that is a tough one. if it was a berlina id say mx grey cos youd have the black around the windows to break it up but being an sl it may look funny bronze without the black or pinstriping.. Ahhhh I didn't read the post properly and assumed Berlina lol. I'd go Asteroid if it's a SL. Durrrrrrrrr BT1.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Mx Satin Chris ---------- Post added 21-07-18 at 21:05 ---------- Post pic of current car, might help
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
My bt1 [Image in original archive]
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
I found some other VL's very similar to your car, check them out!!! [Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] ---------- Post added 25-07-18 at 18:06 ---------- [Image in original archive] ---------- Post added 25-07-18 at 18:28 ---------- Silver is hard to edit but these are all low quality quick edits to see what it would look like. [Image in original archive]
0 likes
OliverArchived member
My HDT Wagon - Kimberley Bronze over Champagne for that factory look! [Image in original archive]
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
that calais wagon would be swell with a 1300hp rb in it!
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Thanks for the edit tuxedo cal! Oliver that wagon is awesome! I love it
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
[Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] [Image in original archive] Hard to say which option looks the best colour combination. I think I prefer the silver look the best on that colour.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TuxedoCal [View Post] Hard to say which option looks the best colour combination. I think I prefer the silver look the best on that colour. Thanks for throwing those up, how are you posting pics mate? I've got afew pics but no idea how to post lol
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Tiny pic app Chris
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] Thanks for throwing those up, how are you posting pics mate? I've got afew pics but no idea how to post lol I use tinypic to place the pictures in my account on their website then I copy and paste the link that is generated on tinypic into this forum and as soon as I submit the post the pictures from the link appear in the post. Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures. As for the edited pictures I use several different editing programs depending on what computer I'm on. I can generally do really good edits and sometimes place different mag wheels on cars etc but lately I'm time poor so everything is just a quick edit on most occasions.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Tuxedo Put something tough like 20 mono stars or something else on this bad boy [Image in original archive]
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
[Image in original archive] ---------- Post added 28-07-18 at 08:04 ---------- I think mx is the clear winner? Seen this car twice on Facebook and must admit it looks great
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
ive gone from single tone to mx grey bars on my wagon and i dont know why i didnt do it sooner.
0 likes
Sign in to reply. Everyone is welcome to read.

Who’s online

1 member and 27 guests active in the last 15 minutes

1,851 threads and 10,547 posts saved from CT