Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi, My Calais is being resprayed ATM and my painter is saying the boot inner and the section around the rear lights is painted black? From memory this is a VK and before option?
Can someone please let me know if this is painted black or all the rear stays factory colour.
Also with the silver door mouldings the lower door is not painted silver and left factory colour. Once again is this a VK thing?
Any feed back would be great.
Cheers.
0 likes
Saw something on this awhile back with the inside boot being black or not, can't quite remember but think it was to do with either year or from which plant the car was produced from?? someone else might be able to confirm..
As for the door mouldings and lower trim i can't say ive ever seen a calais like that?.. it's either all one colour i.e single tone or painted body with door mouldings and lower trim silver i.e two tone
what do your tags say?
0 likes
Hi SilverCal thanks for the reply.
Main reason I'm asking is my Calais was re painted solid so I have no lines to go off.
The boot colour is ok it's more the black around the rear lights running near the quarter eye brows and into the boot and through the rear garnish.
With the Calais boot garnish was boot behind that painted black?
With the silver Calais door moulds the body colour can be slightly seen. I'm pretty sure factory never painted the silver behind to hide making it look solid.
I have seen a few photes on this site so I'm confident I have the rear black out correct. Anyone that has pictures please post.
Cheers.
0 likes