Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

What LW5 Calais have I got?

Started by Darryl · 5 Jan 2019 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

DarrylArchived member
I bought a Turbo Calais in 95 and always thought it was a LW5 MX7 as it was a company car previously and it had an MX7 in it.Recently I looked at the Plate and couldn't believe my eyes as it had MS1 on it.OK it's been converted. The plot thickens when above the MS1 is the option code 325 which is LW5 MX7 manual.I have never seen another id plate with LW5 MS1 325 only 324 (Auto option) All the MX7 I have seen are 325. Anyone seen this before. Is it's value same as LW5 MX7 ? or is it like a misprint worth more? Cheers
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Misprint, chances are it was factory manual but, ms1 had been pressed in the plate. In terms of value, def wouldn't be worth more but I could t really see it affecting value either as LW5 is the main one. Auto or manual is not as important as factory turbo or factory n/a so I wouldn't be overly concerned mate
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,210 threads and 20,402 posts saved from CT