Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Need a trimmer

Started by Katsa · 18 Nov 2018 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Can anyone recommend a trimmer that they or someone the know has used to trim Vl seats (material) before at a price that I won't have to re finance my house at? Just need to trim fronts and rears thanks guys
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
Mick at Langford Motor Trimmers in Greenaway Street Bulleen, one man show small shop so doesn't over extend himself and top quality work.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FATPSI [View Post] Mick at Langford Motor Trimmers in Greenaway Street Bulleen, one man show small shop so doesn't over extend himself and top quality work. Legend thanks mate will call tomorrow
0 likes
zvonkoArchived member
So which trimmers have the VL cloth at their disposal?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
I’ve called Richard from InStyle custom trim, he was the bloke that did the trim on SCATRD, been in the game for a long time and a lovely bloke to chat to, plus he’s building a VL lol. He has plenty of vl material minus sandlewood
0 likes
zvonkoArchived member
Do you have his number Katsa? Also does he have 15I trim?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Pm sent mate
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by zvonko [View Post] So which trimmers have the VL cloth at their disposal? I hear some old school trimmers have spare trim left over (one in Adelaide here does). What about the stuff that is advertised on eBay ? Fake /repro ???
0 likes
zvonkoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] I hear some old school trimmers have spare trim left over (one in Adelaide here does). What about the stuff that is advertised on eBay ? Fake /repro ??? I think it is a mix of both, reproduced and old stock. I think someone was clever enough to hunt down the material suppliers to GMH from back in the day and they have either reproduced the same stuff or just bought up all the old stock. I found this guy on facebook, his work looks amazing https://m.facebook.com/topendinteriors/?refid=13&_ft_=mf_story_key.1863853663677696%3Atop _level_post_id.1863853663677696%3Atl_objid.1863853 663677696%3Acontent_owner_id_new.120009118062168%3 Athrowback_story_fbid.1863853663677696%3Apage_id.1 20009118062168%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B1863852 697011126%2C1863852817011114%2C1863852977011098%2C 1863853107011085%5D%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_att achment_style.album%3Apage_insights.%7B"1200091180 62168"%3A%7B"role"%3A1%2C"page_id"%3A1200091180621 68%2C"post_context"%3A%7B"story_fbid"%3A1863853663 677696%2C"publish_time"%3A1529367200%2C"story_name "%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"object_fbtype"%3A2 66%7D%2C"actor_id"%3A120009118062168%2C"psn"%3A"En tStatusCreationStory"%2C"sl"%3A4%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isSh are"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"targets "%3A%5B%7B"page_id"%3A120009118062168%2C"actor_id" %3A120009118062168%2C"role"%3A1%2C"post_id"%3A1863 853663677696%2C"share_id"%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=% 2Cg
0 likes
SilverCalArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by zvonko [View Post] I think it is a mix of both, reproduced and old stock. I think someone was clever enough to hunt down the material suppliers to GMH from back in the day and they have either reproduced the same stuff or just bought up all the old stock. I found this guy on facebook, his work looks amazing https://m.facebook.com/topendinteriors/?refid=13&_ft_=mf_story_key.1863853663677696%3Atop _level_post_id.1863853663677696%3Atl_objid.1863853 663677696%3Acontent_owner_id_new.120009118062168%3 Athrowback_story_fbid.1863853663677696%3Apage_id.1 20009118062168%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B1863852 697011126%2C1863852817011114%2C1863852977011098%2C 1863853107011085%5D%3Astory_location.4%3Astory_att achment_style.album%3Apage_insights.%7B"1200091180 62168"%3A%7B"role"%3A1%2C"page_id"%3A1200091180621 68%2C"post_context"%3A%7B"story_fbid"%3A1863853663 677696%2C"publish_time"%3A1529367200%2C"story_name "%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"object_fbtype"%3A2 66%7D%2C"actor_id"%3A120009118062168%2C"psn"%3A"En tStatusCreationStory"%2C"sl"%3A4%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isSh are"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"targets "%3A%5B%7B"page_id"%3A120009118062168%2C"actor_id" %3A120009118062168%2C"role"%3A1%2C"post_id"%3A1863 853663677696%2C"share_id"%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=% 2Cg Yeah i've seen a few pics of that Topendinteriors on facebook they look great, but cost is also topend! would love to get at least my seats redone at some point though
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT