Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Ideas on why turbo is not spooling

Started by Katsa · 3 Sept 2018 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Guys after any ideas as to why turbos not spooling. Car had been sitting for years, got it all going etc but when I drive I can't hear the turbo spool. I pulled the inlet pipe off today and can spin the turbo by hand quite easily, albeit with abit of play in the shaft. When you drive and stick it abit instead of turbo spooling you can feel car missing/popping a little but as stated can't hear the turbo whistle! Thoughts/opinions?
0 likes
trevo83Archived member
Hey Chris I�m no mechanic lol but was thinking it could be something to do with the wastegate?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
turbine wheel is cactus?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by trevo83 [View Post] Hey Chris I�m no mechanic lol but was thinking it could be something to do with the wastegate?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Mate everyone I've spoken to has said the same thing! The waste gate rod is on the provision etc, I'm thinking the Wastegate flap could possibly be rusted shut (or open) Next thing I do is manually fiddle around with the Wastegate flap ---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 22:28 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] turbine wheel is cactus? Another option mate! Possibly rear wheel, I took the intake pipes off etc and wheel can be spun by hand, has abit of play up and down but nothing back and forth, could shaft be snapped and rear wheel not spinning?
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
drop ya dump off and have a look. wll also tell you if the wastegate flap is stuck open or shut but if it was open itd go like a gtr lol!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT