Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I have been going through many different threads on VLCT.com.au during 2018 and wondered where are many of these VL's now. I spent a lot of painstaking time capturing pictures from all sorts of posts and intend on posting them on this thread to see if anyone knows where each particular car is now. Is it in a different state or territory, is it written off/ wrecked,is it painted another colour now, is it stored away as part of someones collection or has it been turned into a drag track or skid pig car? Please do not post actual addresses just the state or suburb or first name only of the current owner as we don't want undesirable people reading the thread to locate and steal our VL's. I guess this thread won't go far if I cant post any pictures. I'm using TinyPic to create a image for posting in forums like this. If successful you will see many pictures of many different VL's here and if you know the current situation with any particular VL then please place a comment relating to that particular picture.
0 likes
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 22:36 ----------
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 22:40 ----------
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 22:44 ----------
I'm trying to work out how to separate each picture to allow anyone to only comment on 1 picture and not a whole heap of pictures that are linked like what is currently happening every time I'm posting at the moment.
---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 22:47 ----------
[/COLOR] [Image in original archive] [COLOR="Silver"]
---------- Post added 31-08-18 at 23:06 ----------
AAAAHH! Still not working. I'll have to stop posting pictures until I get advice on how to post each picture separately. Sorry everyone. Stay tuned.
0 likes
1/9/2018 - Update - Still waiting for a reply PM from a couple of CT Moderators as to how I can post photo's individually not all linked together on the same post. Hopefully then I will be able to continue this thread with lots of pictures of various models of VL Commodores [Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 01-09-18 at 23:30 ----------
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 02-09-18 at 21:16 ----------
Just checking to see if this text entry posts separate to the previous post then I might post another photo.
0 likes
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 03-09-18 at 20:03 ----------
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 17:38 ----------
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
[QUOTE=TuxedoCal]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 22:02 ----------
[QUOTE=TuxedoCal]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 22:10 ----------
It looks like I can only post one picture a day otherwise it links all the pictures together in the same post. I guess I will have to do the slow process of only posting one car a day to this thread. Stay tuned!!
---------- Post added 05-09-18 at 18:02 ----------
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 05-09-18 at 18:07 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
.
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 07-09-18 at 22:25 ----------
Another picture, it's about 13 cars now. Plenty more to come!!
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 07-09-18 at 22:29 ----------
Another picture, it's about 13 or so cars now on this thread. Plenty more to come!!
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 09-09-18 at 20:21 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
10-09-18, 19:01 GMT+10#10 anyone know what ever happened to SCATRD? white sl turbo vy gts wheels.. melbourne car?
0 likes
10-09-18, 20:38 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by 12maneym
[View Post]
anyone know what ever happened to SCATRD? white sl turbo vy gts wheels.. melbourne car?
Here are some pics to jog people's memory of what it did look like however I don't know where it is now. Anyone else know???
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
12-09-18, 18:15 GMT+10#12 [Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
This one is my personal favorite - Candy Apple Red!! Looks awesome! [Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 12-09-18 at 17:50 ----------
I really like PSI030 as well because I have a factory tuxedo black VL Calais V8 sedan so I'm quite partial to other black ones [Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 12-09-18 at 19:35 ----------
Any guests looking at this thread, please consider becoming a CalaisTurbo website member, it's free and then you can comment on any of the threads, especially this thread if you know where a car is now. Each day about 200+ guests visit CT website and it would be great to hear from some of you [Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 12-09-18 at 20:41 ----------
Someone spotted this ex-cop Blu VL BT1 at a Pt Lincoln car show recently -
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
13-09-18, 22:14 GMT+10#13 Quick test to see if I can post more pictures separately.
---------- Post added 13-09-18 at 22:02 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
.
This is similar to what my tuxedo v8 VLC and reminds me of what it looked like when I first bought it but mine has all the chrome bumper trims and black door handles and series 2 interior and I have since taken the polished VL calais rims off and put a set of walkinshaw rims on it. My car can be viewed in the Tuxedo black roll call thread.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 13-09-18 at 22:18 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
.
This is similar to my tuxedo v8 VLC and reminds me of what it looked like when I first bought it but mine has all the chrome bumper trims and black door handles and series 2 interior and I have since taken the polished VL calais rims off and put a set of walkinshaw rims on it. My car can be viewed in the Tuxedo black 1k001d roll call thread.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 13-09-18 at 22:28 ----------
My internet is playing up and the pictures have posted twice as the first time I got a message saying it didn't work so I tried again and unfortunately it has now posted a double up of the same thing [Image in original archive]
0 likes
15-09-18, 13:13 GMT+10#14 Here are some more, not every car is immaculate but that doesn't matter as they may still be going around in some shape or form or may have been rebuilt / resprayed / restored since the pictures were originally taken:
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
Check out this superb blue machine!!
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
15-09-18, 17:26 GMT+10#15 what ever happened to dixies VL2DY4?
0 likes
15-09-18, 21:36 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by 12maneym
[View Post]
what ever happened to dixies VL2DY4?
Here it is back in 2008.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
Where is this car now???
0 likes
17-09-18, 20:49 GMT+10#17 This was a Victorian car, is it still there??
I am quite partial to this car as well because it's a factory tuxedo black VLC just like mine but my car is a v8 which doesn't appeal to all of you but I appreciate all VL's just like many of you do.
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
Very nice wedding car!!
[Image in original archive]
Nice wheels and nice VLC!!
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
18-09-18, 22:21 GMT+10#18 [Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 18-09-18 at 22:05 ----------
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 19-09-18 at 18:23 ----------
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
20-09-18, 20:45 GMT+10#19 [Image in original archive]
---------- Post added 20-09-18 at 20:23 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal
[View Post]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes
22-09-18, 21:46 GMT+10#20 [Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
[Image in original archive]
0 likes