Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

JPC Inlet too big for the street?

Started by INFLYTmelb · 9 June 2018 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

INFLYTmelbArchived member
Hi All, I hope all is well. Just wanting to get opinions, as I have been using a JPC Inlet for quite sometime now, and I feel that the car is very laggy/doughy. Now I understand it may be a million things, Tune, Turbo selection, Comp, Cam and so on, but has anyone had one and made a change to another inlet and noticed a difference? I feel it maybe airspeed related. Love some feedback, Mike
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
All contributes Mikey i guess. I love the look of the JPC plenum the most but for me personally the maatouks/modified standard one is the most responsive for street duties. Like you said though chances are there ar other things that are more likely to be the culprit. I've got two maatouk inlets if you wanna try and see if it makes a difference lol
0 likes
adrian-85Archived member
Can I ask what set up are you running? Comp, fuel, turbo and housing size, throttle body and cooler piping size. Thanks
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
Hi Gents, sorry i havent logged on for a while. The car has recently undergone some changes, and has made 401kw at the hubs on pump 98. So im happy with that, much more responsive and nicer to drive. Turns out the timimg was super eratic, so there was no timing in it. After we'd installed a cam trigger kit, and adjusted the tune, it made another 41kw with an extra 4psi and timing.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
thats good power on pump fuel
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
long runner style manifolds will always feel better on the street as they have better low down torque. esp with a manual car. I'm about to change mine back from a jpc to the nizpro...
0 likes
RB-30-ETArchived member
I went from jpc to rajab inlet, very notable difference in response with the manual.
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
what turbo are you running mate
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
GTW3884 67mm
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT