Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Turbo hubcaps

Started by Katsa · 9 Mar 2018 · 13 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Have they started reproduction of these yet? I emailed Holden about 6 years ago asking for permission to exact replicate these but never followed through with it. Has anyone actually started repro? Rare spares or anyone?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Not that I know of Chris I would definitely buy a set though Let’s get them made
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
I think you'd find for it to be worth it you'd need to make a few thousand, there's probably not a market for that many
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
make them in 20s yeah sick bro
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] make them in 20s yeah sick bro I am sensing Facebook sarcasm ?
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
i sent rarespares and nucom parts a message about reproducing them as i need one to finish my car lol!
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] i sent rarespares and nucom parts a message about reproducing them as i need one to finish my car lol! The good thing that I’ve seen from the reproduction of VL parts is that it is driving the NOS prices down. Besides headlights/ tail lights
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Nucom have been killing it lately, if anybody is going to do ir, it will be them.
0 likes
batteryArchived member
3D printers are getting cheaper by the month. It won't be long until we can do full resto's with new parts.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
i think one of them companies has a prototype at the moment
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by battery [View Post] 3D printers are getting cheaper by the month. It won't be long until we can do full resto's with new parts. All jokes aside mate that's a great point! Panels are already being reproduced and as you said 3D printer could take care of most of the rest..... New Vl anyone ? Lol
0 likes
vlgmh8Archived member
I saw someone on Facebook recently who got a set made somewhere. I’ll try find the post
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vlgmh8 [View Post] I saw someone on Facebook recently who got a set made somewhere. I’ll try find the post Thanks mate Interesting to see how they came up
0 likes
mister.xArchived member
Only today I saw someone in one of the Facebook groups got a 3D scan and shared the model. http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1tf8v...61Ol45LKoCqgc8 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1tf8vbbqwktrnx/Hub+cap+V3.stl?fbclid=IwAR2uL0UVzsVMMlKsplklqyTmZDjA-KUGKT5DXSbaFAl1l61Ol45LKoCqgc8) Could be a midget porn virus but the comments made it seem legit.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,266 threads and 21,081 posts saved from CT