Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Starting VL after almost 10 months

Started by fleas · 4 Jan 2018 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

fleasArchived member
Hi and apologies if this has been posted before-couldn't find anything. Apart from an oil change, oil filter replacement, spark plugs servicing, what other things should I look out for? I've also sprayed some lubricant after removing the spark plugs. Should I syphon the fuel as well (to be frank I think it might have evaporated) Also would there be a need to turn the engine, I don't know how to do this manually ? Thanks in advance
0 likes
OriginalGArchived member
If you left fuel in it it wont have just evaporated, the new fuels go bad unlike the old days and probably rooted fuel lines and pump. Learnt the hard way with mine last year. If its already starting with whats there and you're getting coughing and stuttering before cutting out after so long probably the fuel also. Would drop the tank and drain it.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Fleas, kick it in the guts brother RB30 tough as nails
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by OriginalG [View Post] If you left fuel in it it wont have just evaporated, the new fuels go bad unlike the old days and probably rooted fuel lines and pump. Learnt the hard way with mine last year. If its already starting with whats there and you're getting coughing and stuttering before cutting out after so long probably the fuel also. Would drop the tank and drain it. Thanks for the heads up man; I poured fresh fuel in. Everything else looks the goods with regards to fuel lines, hoses, etc. I had a spare fuel filter laying around so I replaced it aswell. Deano, yeah that's it mate. Will see how we go aye :P
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 12 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT