Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
So with my Calais, the glove box button has never worked.. was on the to-do list of problems to fix, any ways. My key has always been my way of opening the boot. Now for some farking reason, my key WONT open my bloody boot. It is a solex lock. I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Any ideas on how I can get into my boot?. Or is there a way I can fix my glovebox button to open my boot without opening my boot?.
Thanks
0 likes
Take out the back seat then use something long and stiff to push down on the cable from the boot release solenoid to the lock you only have a small access hole through the seat backrest but it can be done I have one it once when I put the wrong lock in the boot of my car ( one I had no key for)aim as close to the lock as possible so you don't have to move it as far.
0 likes
Check the fuse for the boot release, it is its own fuse not labeled if I remember correctly. Did my head in trying to fix mine the first time around such a simple fix replaced the boot release mech and everything.
0 likes
Thanks for the tip guys, will give it a crack next weekend.
0 likes