Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

VL Meet/Cruise this saturday

Started by Psi_Wagon · 17 Sept 2017 · 17 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Psi_WagonArchived member
relaying some info i saw on facebook; Since its rare to get all our beloved VL's together in one place these days, i thought i would organise The Annual Melbourne VL Meet / Cruise Sunday 24th September 2017 @ 1:30pm! Proudly supported by Lorbek Luxury Cars in Port Melbourne. The meet will be held at LORBEK's luxury cars's car park located at 30 Prohasky street, Port Melbourne. (Thank you to David Lobrek for allowing access for the carpark) WE WILL STRICTLY NOT TOLERATE ANY HOONING/BURNOUTS AT THE EVENT CARPARK! AND ANYONE CAUGHT DOING SO WILL HAVE THEIR REGO HANDED IN TO THE POLICE AND BANNED FROM FUTURE VL EVENTS! As you all know alot of hard work and effort goes into making these types of events possible for us enthusiasts. I have personally assured David Lorbek that none of the above will take place at his car park that he has so generously allowed our event to be held at. Better get your VL's ready for this event as it never seems disappoint! A coffee van will also be situated at the main meet! � PRE MEET (SOUTH SIDE) - ORGANISER : ANTHONY KONCIK - 10:45AM - 11AM - GREENS RD BP SERVICE STATION - DANDENONG SOUTH ---------- Post added 17-09-17 at 22:38 ---------- Details for pre meet for north/west are as follows 11.30am at Caltex service station dalton rd thomastown we will be leaving at 12pm to head to ring road McDonalds sunshine inbound to meet up with cars there at 1230pm from there we will head to lorbek for the main meet point see you guys there !!!
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I'll have to try to get down for a look - good inspiration to build another VL one day!
0 likes
bLuj3tArchived member
I may get there, depends how bad the hangover is.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
I'm heading down in the daily, as Morgz said strictly for motivation lol
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
hopefully everyone read sunday, cos i wrote saturday in the topic lol
0 likes
vlgmh8Archived member
Was a pretty good turnout
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
heard it turned into a skid fest at the end
0 likes
MxPx VLArchived member
Yeah I went down, ended up leaving after all the power skidding started, Good to catch up with fellow vl lovers, also nice meeting you Chris (Katsa), Fabian introduced us. Daniel
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
You too mate! I just clued on now who you were!! I would see your Calais turbo everyday on station/Albert street back in the day mate haha I was saying to Marcin it's funny how the majority of us old Calaisturbo.com.au guys are different and are happy to catch up and cruise around rather than just do skids lol! We need have more calaisturbo.com.au events!
0 likes
adrian-85Archived member
The legacy will live fellas! Always good to catch up with good blokes and talk tags with Katsa hahaha
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Bahaha you loved the tag comments! Just quietly gents have a look at all the posters in this thread, I'm getting calaisturbo.com.au flashbacks from its prime, I'm getting images of bonnet gauges and number plates under headlights
0 likes
adrian-85Archived member
Coolers from outer reo to outer reo, full chopped centre member, black droppy with silver straps, 3" chrome dumpy, monster tacho off the demister switch Hahahah you love it!
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
i got there super late, had some issues on the way down lol. got there as everyone was leaving
0 likes
VinceVLCTArchived member
Unfortunately I couldn't make it down. I am very keen for one once my car is registered, which, with any luck will be in a couple of weeks. It would be great for this to be a semi-regular occurrence rather than a once off thing. get the VL (and CT) scene back into swing.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VinceVLCT [View Post] Unfortunately I couldn't make it down. I am very keen for one once my car is registered, which, with any luck will be in a couple of weeks. It would be great for this to be a semi-regular occurrence rather than a once off thing. get the VL (and CT) scene back into swing. I'm in! More than happy to catch up and cruise around with some of the guys off here!
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
yeh, just make sure when there is something on, post it on here aswell for plebs like me that dont have facebook. i saw this one by pure chance :O
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Well make it a CT only cruise small group of cars with more cruising/driving and less walking around measuring d!cks, like the old VCCC cruises. I remember going on one of those cruises and seeing [JETBYU]with a massive converter trying to go over a speed hump in a servo, funny the things you remember, I miss those days
0 likes
VinceVLCTArchived member
There's a SNL event on soon, mainly chrome bumper cars but they make a specific exception for VLs. Details: Saturday October 21 3pm-9pm Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centre Gold coin donation. we could do a pre-meet and then cruise down.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,164 threads and 19,895 posts saved from CT