Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Attn original guru's!

Started by Katsa · 6 Sept 2017 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Guys, what was the original exhaust size of factory Vl turbos Was it a 2 1/4 inch system? Also does anyone have or know of someone selling a cat back exhaust including kick up tail pipe, must be stock or to stock spec Cheers fellas
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
2 and 1/4 Chris Your kidding yourself getting one of those tail pipes man I sold a kick up tail pipe with muffler 6 years ago for $700 Try get one custom made I would anyway
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Ye was thinking the same, should be a piece of piss to make. Are n/a and turbo exhausts the same cat back? Who's got a stock cat back exhaust lying about
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
hey chris. i may have a standard n/a exhaust. likely to be rusty though. turbo and n/a exhausts are different (diameter) i have a friend who may have a 2 1/4 exhaust (non standard) around. it was my old one and he used it for a roadworthy. also i have a front section standard exhaust in my shed (turbo) was nos from my wagin. don't have the rear though.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Hey Mitch thanks mate, I got the exhaust soughted out 2 1/4 system as per standard, only thing I need to do is weld in a resonator and fabricate the kick up tail pipe out the back of it! Thanks anyway mate
0 likes
ZIZOUArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] Hey Mitch thanks mate, I got the exhaust soughted out 2 1/4 system as per standard, only thing I need to do is weld in a resonator and fabricate the kick up tail pipe out the back of it! Thanks anyway mate Did you get something custom made or can you buy aftermarket factory spec replacement units?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Custom made mate didn't think that made aftermarket replacement cost 300
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
show me a pic of the kickup tailpipe with some measurements (angle & length from the end) and i can make em for ya at a mates exhaust shop
0 likes
OliverArchived member
I've still got the original exhaust on my VLCT Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
I've got some phone pics of it Cam but no measurements Oliver, help a brother out and post measurements lol!!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Man, if they can mount crazy Jap spec exhausts @ 90� angles, lmfao I'm sure it would be a piece of cake for an exhaust shop to fab the tip... You just need oliver^^^ up there to send pics of every angle for reference. And post them here Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
OliverArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] I've got some phone pics of it Cam but no measurements Oliver, help a brother out and post measurements lol!! PM me what measurements you need and I'll send them through.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
watching eagerly!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT