Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL power window wiring

Started by VL5.0LSA · 24 July 2017 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL5.0LSAArchived member
I have bought a VL that has had power windows fitted (someone has done a half job of this) but the rears don�t work with the current switch/wiring. Can anyone give me any info for what power and earths I should have and how to wire the switches in correctly. I can get them to either go up or down when I move the wires around but can�t get them to operate correctly. I have ignition power to each rear door switch, plus the 2 wires from the master switch then the 2 regulator wires.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
have a look in the tech articles section, there is a thread on power windows reconditioning with it all in there
0 likes
VL5.0LSAArchived member
Thanks mate, I have had a look through the previous topics but haven't seen anything that can help m with testing the individual switches and master switch panel as yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
the pics arnt in the thread anymore because photobucket is holding everyone's accounts to ransom
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
google image search "vl power window switches", first pic. photobucket is fuct, but the thumbnails still work on google Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT