Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vl wont start..

Started by andy1990 · 24 June 2017 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

andy1990Archived member
https://youtu.be/vgkgdcvF8TU The video above is what the vl is doing.. its a 87 if that means anything. I have replaced the Crank angle sensor, both fuel pumps, fuel filter, coil, plugs, leads. I have fuel and i have spark... but it will not fire. Driven home one day and wont start the next.. Also i have checked the injector replay next to the battery and it has power which should mean the diode is ok.. Any help here would be hot.. I have searched many threads and done what people have recommended but no luck.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Bump. I'm having the same drama.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
You sure you have fuel? Pull hose off going into the rail and make sure good constant flow?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Yeah definitely got fuel Deano, I changed the plugs yesterday. Waiting on a cas to come from eBay, was misfiring off its head the last time it was started. Which led me to believe it was spark.. But if you click on this blokes YouTube link, that's basically how it sounds. I've got no idea how to check the reverse polarity sensor.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Timing MUS?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Also on the must check list. I've got to go grab my old man's timing light.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
My mechanic says injector pulse maybe Is fuel getting to the front ? ---------- Post added 13-07-18 at 18:39 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] You sure you have fuel? Pull hose off going into the rail and make sure good constant flow? My mechanic also said this
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Want me come over one night mus?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Want me come over one night mus? Thank you very much Deano!. I haven't had a look at the car since, I will be working on it tomorrow morning. If I fail, iay take you up on that!. ---------- Post added 20-07-18 at 11:37 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] My mechanic says injector pulse maybe Is fuel getting to the front ? ---------- Post added 13-07-18 at 18:39 ---------- My mechanic also said this Thanks for your input, it's got about 10 litres in there.. I'll put another 10 in, see if that changes anything.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT