Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys, what's a decent tyre people are running on Calais rims? Street use, and guessing itd have to be a 205/65?
0 likes
You should be able to get a 225 Micky Thompson et street under the back, I've had Kuhmo KU36's, for a cheaper semi slick aren't bad value for traction.
0 likes
Can you run a 235 ET on a Calais Rim though Morgan?
0 likes
I'm running a 235 et for the strip on chasers i think they're same width as a calais rim..
But they don't fit that well (baloon out a fair bit).
0 likes
$10 pick-a-part tyres
no joke
---------- Post added 14-03-18 at 23:50 ----------
because this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EsCj8plXo
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SII_Turbo
[View Post]
Can you run a 235 ET on a Calais Rim though Morgan?
Yep, it's been done a fair few times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFuXZRoKE0
0 likes
Can confirm, currently running a 235 E/T street on my Calais alloy wheels for street duties.
They provide good grip when warm.
I wouldn't recommend taking corners at high speeds with them, but they're great in a straight line
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by qldvl5spd
[View Post]
I'm running a 235 et for the strip on chasers i think they're same width as a calais rim..
But they don't fit that well (baloon out a fair bit).
Calais rims are 15x6. Most people using cepters on slicks are 15x7.
0 likes
08-07-18, 00:37 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by SII_Turbo
[View Post]
Can confirm, currently running a 235 E/T street on my Calais alloy wheels for street duties.
They provide good grip when warm.
I wouldn't recommend taking corners at high speeds with them, but they're great in a straight line
I went 10.4@140 with mine, thats without setting up the car at all - worked well. Trying 255s on the VS, will go a basic suspension combo to start with.
0 likes
08-07-18, 07:31 GMT+10#11 I've ran 10.0 @136mph with 235 ET's on Calais rims.
Stick like sht to a blanket on the track.
Only okay on the street when they're new but they get slaughtered on the street asphalt
0 likes