Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Another VLT that won't start..

Started by MUS · 3 June 2017 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MUSArchived member
Ok so I've been having some issues with my Calais, At first my battery died, then my battery in my alarm key pad lol. Once all this was sorted, I went to turn on the ignition, everything lights up as per usual.. But that's it. No crank, no fuel pump priming. What could it be? Fuel pump? Starter motor? Ignition switch?. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Did you charge the battery or did you buy a new one mus? Sounds to me like battery dead or earth not on properly
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Did you charge the battery or did you buy a new one mus? Sounds to me like battery dead or earth not on properly New battery man, I recently changed the ignition switch so I thought it could be that. Then I bridges the starter motor with 2 screw drivers while the ignition was turned on and it didn't start. So I don't think it's the ignition switch.. What makes me think the fuel pump may be a issue is the fact that when I turn the key it doesn't prime?.. I don't know. Maybe the problem is the switch.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Have you checked for 12v at the fuel pump with the ignition on? Run a wire from 12v + battery to red on the starter to see if the car cranks A faulty fuel pump won't dis allow the car to crank Now seems to me ignition switch or starter Do what I said with the starter to rule that out
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
agreed test for power at pump. you should definately hear it prime. mine screams.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thanks for the info guys, will give it a crack sometime over the next few days and give you a update. Been busy landscaping, so hopefully I get a chance soon.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Stick the gardening up your arse and get the vl cranking
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Has it still got a stock factory Calais alarm fitted ???
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Unfortunately I'll be a couple days away from being able to work on the car, it's not at my place and in storage. I have O'Brien people coming tomorrow arvo to replace my wagons windshield and a sparky coming in the morning. I have a meeting taking up Wednesday, so I'm hopeful for Thursday. Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Stick the gardening up your arse and get the vl cranking Lmfao, yeah tell the wife that. I've been putting it off for 3 years lol. ---------- Post added 05-06-17 at 17:04 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] Has it still got a stock factory Calais alarm fitted ??? It has a viper or vipec alarm fitted, at first I suspected it was a issue. But once I changed the remote battery I was able to arm and disarm it again. Thanks
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Cool, I had a similar issue with one. All the best.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Mus you got my number don't ya? Let me know when your going to tackle it and for memory you kinda live near me I'll come give you a chop out bud
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Mus you got my number don't ya? Let me know when your going to tackle it and for memory you kinda live near me I'll come give you a chop out bud Yeah i do, thanks brother. Appreciate it a lot, I'll be in touch soon.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thank you for the tip Deano, I used a wire to the battery terminal. Car started so my "reco" ignition switch, is a dud. Payed $50 for that Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT