Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Keep blowing fuse 13 - Cigarette lighter and air con controls

Started by ChrisOk1 · 26 Apr 2017 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ChrisOk1Archived member
As the title states, I keep blowing fuse 13. Where should I start looking for issues? Are there any common issues that would cause that fuse to blow? I've blasted the contacts in the fuse box with electrical contact cleaner to try and get rid of some of the corrosion. The air con controls worked in the car when I bought but it's sat for a while so I don't know if anything from that would contribute to it. Cheers.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Compressor could stuffed drawing high amps in turn blowing fuse ---------- Post added 26-04-17 at 19:28 ---------- Have you pulled astray out and had a look a Ciggie lighter wiring?
0 likes
ChrisOk1Archived member
Yeah the cigarette lighter wasn't plugged in when I bought the car so it might have been unplugged because it was blowing the fuse, which I'll check in the morning. Does the air con compressor actually connect to fuse 13? I thought it was just the fan controls. Would unplugging a connector from the compressor potentially fix the problem?
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
the cig lighter itself commonly shorts out on itself. take it out and replace the fuse and see if the prob goes away?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT