17-04-17, 17:49 GMT+10#1
Hey ive been watching all these clips of vl turbos slaying v8s at powercruise and power play etc and thought i might get myself a vl turbo to play with, they are not as common over here in nz as over there but this one has come up, I can only tell you what iv'e been told but he recons it eats his mates 250kwatw vl and he said he ran a 13.6 doing a half track skid which he has slips for, my concerns are the 20det box wont last long at all, hes been through 3 of them and he said 2nd is hard to change into if you try high rpm shift but is completely useable. 13.6 with a heap of wheel spin sounds fast considering it has standard injectors but idk ive never owned an rb. it obviously needs a paint and he said the windscreen leaks somewhere too...prob rust! back windows been done properly and boots been done. I reckon it would be a nice little toy with a paint job and I will prob end up needing to put a 25det box in it. what are your thoughts? would really appreciate some advise, should I snatch it up or keep looking, maybe import one from over there????
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1301456490.htm (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-1301456490.htm)
0 likes
