Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

The best outdoor car protection!?

Started by Mad87VL · 23 Mar 2017 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Mad87VLArchived member
Hi there guys. Currently have a living situation where there is no carport or garage! So i'm in need of what is the best thing for me to do to protect my pride n joy from tge elements. I do currently have a car cover from supercheap but isnt the greatest, I live close to the coast so it can get very windy. Was thinking of a gazebo or something but am afraid of it blowing away into my car or falling on it! Should i just spead more money on a better car cover? if so whats the best! Your words are appreciated Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 likes
Magnum06Archived member
A quality weatherproof car cover will do wonders if you don't drive your VL everyday. Another idea would be to anchor down a shade sail from your house to your fence or solid trees depending if thats possible where you are. That's what I have at the moment for my daily. Its really strong and doesn't move one bit in strong winds.
0 likes
Mad87VLArchived member
I like the sail idea and would probably end up using both. Do you have any recommendations for car covers or possibly any links. Thank you for the advice
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
http://www.motoquipe.com.au/buy/pres...FQkAvAodkoYPTg (http://www.motoquipe.com.au/buy/prestige-waterproof-car-cover-ute-cc44/4368?gclid=COKWytDn9tICFQkAvAodkoYPTg) I'm pretty sure I used one of these for a few months. It was great, however I'd still be pulling it off now and again to check for moisture. No matter what any cover claims, moisture will get under it (even this one did). Years ago I bought one of those $100 gazebos and secured it against a fence but that actually blew over it once in a storm and bent all the poles. You can actually get some large heavy duty tarps from Bunnings for around $50-$60 these days and I would recommend using them over a car cover if it's for long term storage (most come with straps). Also use an empty water bottle over the aerial to prevent holes in the cover.
0 likes
belmaArchived member
I use regulary a hot bee wax for cars and it's awesome and - of course - eco. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT