Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Gday got sent over to this sight from a 4x4 forum, I have a gq with a rb30 efi and I'm wanting to turbo it. I'm looking for a turbo that will give me boost at low speeds for hill climbs etc, can anybody point me in the right direction cheers
0 likes
Stock turbo setup.
As long as it makes the peak HP and torque you need.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT
[View Post]
Stock turbo setup.
As long as it makes the peak HP and torque you need.
What is the stock set up? Sorry to sound stupid new to this turbo thing. I'll only be running around 7psi
0 likes
stock vl turbo setup.
are you manual or auto?
if auto get a stall convertor.
if manual thats different.
i'd say a t3/t4 highflowed.
you can then start to play with cams to get the turbo's to spool faster.
realistically id say get a t3 or a "highfolw" or a t4 setup.
t3 is a standard turbo for a VL turbo.
if you want a quick spool id also suggest say a 2.5" exhaust. i have a 3" in a manual on a very fresh standard setup running 6psi and i get serious lag.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
[View Post]
stock vl turbo setup.
are you manual or auto?
if auto get a stall convertor.
if manual thats different.
i'd say a t3/t4 highflowed.
you can then start to play with cams to get the turbo's to spool faster.
realistically id say get a t3 or a "highfolw" or a t4 setup.
t3 is a standard turbo for a VL turbo.
if you want a quick spool id also suggest say a 2.5" exhaust. i have a 3" in a manual on a very fresh standard setup running 6psi and i get serious lag.
Cheers mate, I've got manual, what do you mean by playing with the cams?
0 likes
Mitch 3" Turbo back shouldn't make any difference at all, it should actually help with spool. Double check your cam timing and ignition timing mate.
I think being a GQ it will be manual. The stock setup is a T3 based turbo. Just look to purchase a stock VL Turbo setup, make sure it includes ECU, injectors etc
0 likes
Yea it's a manual, thanks a bunch for you help guys, also with the ecu do I need to do that fuel pump splice that I have read about?
0 likes
depends if you have an engine/loom from a skyline or a commodore
0 likes
Pretty sure the loom is from a skyline the motor come from a r31
0 likes
22-03-17, 18:33 GMT+10#10 if your using the skyline loom/ecu, yes you need to add the extra relay for the fuel pump
0 likes