Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
There were some problems with rb25 converted VLs not powering up PFCs because during the conversion, some wiring had been done wrong.
As is the case with my car. My PFC powers up in an r33, but not my VL.
Does anyone here know exactly what that wiring problem was, and how I can rectify it?
Thanks.
0 likes
Mine worked with no issues.
Do you have a wiring diagram showing whats hooked to what on your conversion?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
[View Post]
Mine worked with no issues.
Do you have a wiring diagram showing whats hooked to what on your conversion?
Unfortunately, no.
All I remember is that this was a common problem 7-10 years ago. I think with converted R31s aswell.
0 likes
From an old thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
[View Post]
For starters, check this link here: http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index...ET_into_an_R31 (http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index.php/Wiring_an_RB25DET_into_an_R31)
Use a standard RB26 loom, and the powerfc will just plug into it.
Under your VL dash, tucked up under the aircon/fan box, you've got 2 plugs that your RB30 engine harness plugged into. Have a quick search on the forum and you'll work out what wires are needed from those 2 plugs, cant remember all of it at the moment.
But generally, after wiring up those 2 plugs, you'll need to run power direct from the battery, 'start' wire direct to the start wire (purple) on your starter motor or ignition barrel or to the purple wire at your neutral start relays next to where the battery normally sits, brown from alternator exciter, blue to your oil pressure sender.
0 likes
Thanks for that. Might be what I was trying to look for. I have a feeling he was replying to me in that old thread too, haha.
0 likes
Finally done!
Apparently I was missing a relay that the stock ecu didnt need....
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes