Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Which external waste gate port to use?

Started by Simpko22 · 22 Jan 2017 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Simpko22Archived member
Hey guys, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific to my question, but what wastegate port do I use on my external waste gate? There is a top one and a side one, I have pressure tested both ports to see what happens and the front (side) port does not hold pressure at all, simply lets it straight through. So I'm thinking that would create almost a constant boost leak if I were to hook that up to pressure? And the top port holds pressure at around 10-13psi if I remember right. So with that, which one to i hook a boost line to? I also plan on running a t peice if that helps. Thanks
0 likes
ZOO222Archived member
http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-cont...Y-12-rev-2.pdf (http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TS-0506-1001-Hypergate45-MAY-12-rev-2.pdf)
0 likes
Simpko22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ZOO222 [View Post] http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-cont...Y-12-rev-2.pdf (http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TS-0506-1001-Hypergate45-MAY-12-rev-2.pdf) Ah thanks man, can you tell me if the wastegate is meant to let the pressure go in the bottom port instead of hold it like the top port? Or is it buggered Because surely it would just leak boost pressure if it didn't hold it?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT