Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

[FS - NSW] Vl turbo 8sec car. ($25,000)

Started by grunter01 · 18 Jan 2017 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

grunter01Archived member
For Sale? Or Wanted? FS Price/Amount 25,000 Open to Swap? No State NSW Short Description for title? Vl turbo 8sec car. Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? No Transmission? AUTO Currently Registered? No REGO/VIN Number? - Contact Info Other than this Forum? [phone removed] Description 1986 Vl turbo executive. White over grey. 20" Avanti rims. Lowered pedders springs. Vt front brake. Hsv maloo rear brakes. Nitto I beam 21mm pin 7/16 arp2000 rod bolts. Nitto pistons. Grub screwed crank with nitto crank collar. Nitto oil pump Nitto head gasket. Ported head. Big custom grind cam. Over sized inlet / outlet valves. Heavy springs to suit cam spec. Custom steam pipe exhaust manifold. Gt42r turbo. Proboost waste gate. 3.5" dump pipe 3.5" stainless exhaust Aluminium cooler piping. Front mount. Modified standard plenum to forward facing. Larger throttle body 5/8 fuel lines Aeromotive 2000hp pro series pump. 1600cc injectors Battery located in boot Microtech computer with controller / display Individual coil packs 1200hp powerglide manualised with transbrake and shifter 6000rpm convertor 9" diff shortened 1.5" each side 31spline billet axles Car has made over 700rwhp through the glide but currently down to 14psi as I haven't had the time to send to Maatouks for a re tune. I'm happy to get it out on there for the buyer to show what it can do before making payment. This is the same setup as my twin cam making 900rwhp but I don't need to cars so this one has to go. The running gear is mint just needs a little tlc for the body. Cars ready to go just sitting in a shed waiting to be used. Kirk [phone removed]
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
man, that's crazy! running car with all that gear for 25k! If I wasn't nearly ready to start putting mine together I'd of snapped this up! Ole Iceblue sold again for 25k, and it had a lot more gear on it, but I'd never get the thing RWC without spending a lot of cash these days.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Yeah has got a lot in it for the price, I could ask more but just want it gone as I have no room for it in the sheds. Who ever snaps it up won't be disappointed with the gear that's in it. ---------- Post added 19-01-17 at 14:58 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] man, that's crazy! running car with all that gear for 25k! If I wasn't nearly ready to start putting mine together I'd of snapped this up! Ole Iceblue sold again for 25k, and it had a lot more gear on it, but I'd never get the thing RWC without spending a lot of cash these days. your refering to the car BYBYE right?
0 likes
OriginalGArchived member
Where was all the work done at mate? Any photos? Cheers,
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] your refering to the car BYBYE right? Yep
0 likes
CATCHMEArchived member
pm sent
0 likes
UnseenArchived member
Any pics Grunter?
0 likes
John boyArchived member
Fark this is cheap, if what your saying is correct and has all the stuff in it, this is cheap,
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Hey guys car is now available to see, just had all oils and fuel changed plus run on the dyno at Maatouks for check up. Making 540rwhp on 23psi through the glide.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
awesome setup mate all the best wig the sale, got a pic or two to throw up?
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT