Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

What will a BT1 set me back these days?

Started by tezflow · 11 Jan 2017 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

tezflowArchived member
Hi fellas, A few days ago I saw a beautiful yellow BT1 drive past me in the city. It was the first time I've seen one in years (yeah, I mustn't get out as much as I used to!). I always intended on buying myself one "one day", so though: why not now!?! Jumping on carsales etc, it seems they're not as common as they once were. I've been out of the market for so long, I don't have much of an idea what a relatively clean and relatively standard one now costs. Can you give me an idea of how much I need to offer these days to entice someone to let one go??? Thanks!
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
20-35k mate to be honest, people will ask for more and you'll hear a million stories of "my mate got 50k" but honestly stock to the 20-35k mark and just be patient.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Agreed Katsa, what people ask and what some really sell for is an answer you may not commonly hear.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] Agreed Katsa, what people ask and what some really sell for is an answer you may not commonly hear. Let's not kid ourselves 35k is still massssssive money for a bt1 haha
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Goodluck my friend! All prices ATM are beyond belief! Build � mock brother
0 likes
vl50Archived member
There is an immac one in melb for 20grand now Sent from my GT-N8010 using Calais Turbo mobile app
0 likes
tezflowArchived member
Thanks for the price guide guys
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Where vl50 lol
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492)
0 likes
tezflowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bo5ton [View Post] not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492) Don't think that's the one vl50 is talking about. Like you said it's not yellow, plus it's not 20K and it's not in Melbourne... I searched and didn't find the one vl50 mentioned? Where can we find this car mate?
0 likes
OriginalGArchived member
Doesn't exist.. I know people who would snap up mint yellow BT1's for $20k Realistically $25k-$30k for a mint example.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bo5ton [View Post] not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492) Not an original turbo car
0 likes
joe185iArchived member
Coming from someone who currently owns one and not looking to make a buck! 20-30k depending on mods and paint. Do not pay 20k for one thats in parts or "needs a full resto" Do not pay more than 30 for one that isn't show quality.
0 likes
vl50Archived member
https://m.facebook.com/groups/139931...16026443032 8 (https://m.facebook.com/groups/1399316037014755?view=permalink&id=1825160264430328) Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk ---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:13 ---------- Didvyou get the link i pmd you , tez flow ? Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk ---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:15 ---------- https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013371257078 Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk ---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:17 ---------- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399...25160264430328 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399316037014755/permalink/1825160264430328/?sale_post_id=1825160264430328) Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
0 likes
threeltrArchived member
Arrrhhhh I hate stalkbook.
0 likes
trkwpnArchived member
Goodluck!
0 likes
vlgmh8Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by aus880 [View Post] Not an original turbo car That's what turned me off
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I'd pay 25k tops for a mint VL. Basically any you buy will need some form of work, or they'll be modified in a way which will need re-doing. Plus anything too crazy will need re-working before it'll pass a rwc.
0 likes
VL-EXECArchived member
Im biased but 20-35k id say your defiantly towards the higher end of that, 30-40k would be more realistic...
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Yellow SL on Gumtree out at Condoblin not going needs respray cheep
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT