Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

gq patrol distributor?!?

Started by 15nuts · 26 Dec 2016 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

15nutsArchived member
Hey guys I just brought an rb30 engined gq patrol It runs like a piece of **** ( more or less the reason it was so cheap ) iv stuck a timing light on it and found it was all the way advanced put it back to about 17 deg to find the vaccume advance diagram is stuffed ... hence y they had it at full timming I pulled the cap off to find the seporator plate that goes behind the rotor button and between the cap and dizzy has all the contacts bent warn and cracked .. so getting to my questions iv had a search on the net and cant seem to find out if this seporator plate is available ? I can find ones to replace the tb42 patrol engines but I dont think they make the rb ones thanks
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT