Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

[EXRTA] BT1 build & restoration

Started by Katsa · 31 Oct 2016 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Guys finally got myself some space and time and am going to tackle another build. As some may have already gathered by my questions in the other threads. Car is a Kimberly bronze highway patrol, factory auto, factory turbo, long range tank etc. Car was used by the W.A police department and I have the radar unit that was used in the car back in the day as well as afew other goodies. I've had the car for sometime and it really is in poor condition but fixable with the help of another bt1 I bought as a parts car. I'm after afew parts and have afew questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. I'll obviously ask more along the way. Parts required urgently: Rear quarter window surrounds/plastics both internal ones and both external ones, can be any color. 2x sun visor clips Plastic dome for Calais interior light Possible full set of immac gutter chrome moulds Foot rest rubber Passenger side manual mirror 4x interceptor centre caps Full set of bars and moulds (What are people's experiences with the eBay/rare spares complete sets?) Complete taillight assembly (Again experiences on eBay/rare spares ones) Electronic injection badges x2 Commodore badge for centre garnish Nosecone emblem badge. To retrim completely front and rear seats how many metres would one require? From a performance side of things: Complete Hotside with genuine Garrett GT42 with small rear housing, high mount manifold lines dump pipe etc. Maatouks style inlet manifold complete Built head. Built 2spd Powerglide, with transbrake and 3800 converter In terms of fuel system/Ecu, what are some suggestions? Aiming for 500+rwkw on e85. Thoughts/suggestions? If anyone has the urgently required parts please contact me via pm or SMS/call. Pretty excited to get back into it! Cheers guys
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Id go a precision 7675 over the 42 - they're around the same price now. It's an expensive build, but making 500rwkw on e85 is easy with that combination.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Great Morgz I'll definitely look into the precision unit how ever kind of had my heart set on the 42 haha! In terms of ecu and fuel system for e85 and those kind of power figures what would you suggest.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
I used all ebay bumpers man I think there fine, lined up good painted good ect, I think kingswood parts they were called I used a rare spares garnish and bolted up fine also, headlights and indicators and tail lights all were tyc from eBay All worked out fine honestly bang for buck there good,
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] I used all ebay bumpers man I think there fine, lined up good painted good ect, I think kingswood parts they were called I used a rare spares garnish and bolted up fine also, headlights and indicators and tail lights all were tyc from eBay All worked out fine honestly bang for buck there good, Legend mate! For 500 you get all bars and moulds that are ready for paint pretty much can't go wrong! You hear conflicting stories bout it sometimes but great to hear from you first hand!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I agree with everything Dougs has said! Chris post me your old badges I'll restore them like new for you for nothing!
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] I agree with everything Dougs has said! Chris post me your old badges I'll restore them like new for you for nothing! Thanks Deano for the offer but one step ahead of you and done them already minus the ones I need Keep a look out for a steering wheel for me! Legend mate
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Looking forward to a build thread if you get around to it. Unique colour too. Yours would be not as in poor condition as mine (it's finally off to be paint stripped this week and I'm a little embarrassed to take it there). Also I have accumulated a few items from rare spares for my project but have decided not to use them. I wont be using the bumpers/ rear - front lights / garnish etc because I like originality (that's just me). Pm me if your interested in a deal for the lot (I suppose postage may be the downer though).
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
Plastic dome for Calais interior light - available new not sure of name of supplier. Have: 2x sun visor clips full set of immac gutter chrome moulds - id suggest keeping yours if they have crimp marks from the light bar. thats part of the history of the car and shouldnm't be replaced. Passenger side manual mirror Electronic injection badges x2 Commodore badge for centre garnish Nosecone emblem badge. might have: Foot rest rubber *4x interceptor centre caps (mine are metal?) Full set of bars and moulds (What are people's experiences with the eBay/rare spares complete sets?) - rare spare retails tyc same as kingswood country etc. kingswood country turns over the highest volume. theyre fine however make sure you use std fitment gear and they aren't baked in the oven. they warp if that is done. i generally use tyc front lower and gmh rear and gmh front upper. taillights i'd try to get some good gm ones and restore. you can mix and match lenses. buy up a few partially broken sets and combine. headlights use tyc reflectors with gmh glass. To retrim completely front and rear seats how many metres would one require? - ask a trimmer. i believe its 5 metres for a std interior so less as you wont need anything for doortrims.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Legend Mitcham! What do you mean by standard fitment gear for bars and moulds mate? Lost you there sorry mate! Will hit you up for parts listed minus the electronic injection as I found some at home and restored them! What are the chances of you having the rear quarter window surrounds both internally and externally in any colour mate? Also snandelwood wheel? Thanks for the replies guys!
0 likes
SII_TurboArchived member
I have 4 NOS interceptor centre caps in bags if required
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272435220374
0 likes
SII_TurboArchived member
Dean please, Mine are NOS and am asking $1,000.00 each. Much better deal.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
Chris, I have always found if you use the standard screws and clips and stuff the bumpers line up alright. a lot of bodyshops will use nuts and bolts and washers and all sorts of non standard fitment gear on bumpers and the results are that they screw the bolts up tight and force the bumpers to sit where they shouldn't. whereas the plastic clips let the moulds float a bit. so the mould may not line up 100% but it will be straight whereas with nuts and bolts often the moulds seem wavy or they appear to not have the right curvature. on another note a chippy friend test fitted all of his moulds and spent a few months adjusting them slightly filing sanding etc before painting them. theyre the nicest TYC bars ive ever seen (if you have the patience.) also kingswood country honour ebay prices in store so if you go down and are nice you can pick the bars you want. not a bad idea because if theyve been poorly stored they warp and stuff and the moulds are crap so theyre prone to low spots etc.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Good advice mate!
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Chris, Centre caps are still available new from Holden, the BT1 wheel nuts aren't available new Are you 100% sure it's ex W.A Police?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Going on the people I've spoken to and the w.a police dep. stricker on the radar unit that I got with the shell I'd assume so but not 110% unless I could get something in writing or documents stating cars service I guess. Where else were Kimberly bronze ones servicing Russ? Thanks for the reply good to see your still about mate!
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
Yes Chris!!!! Sounds like a detective special order!
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] Going on the people I've spoken to and the w.a police dep. stricker on the radar unit that I got with the shell I'd assume so but not 110% unless I could get something in writing or documents stating cars service I guess. Where else were Kimberly bronze ones servicing Russ? Thanks for the reply good to see your still about mate! Chris NSW used almost any colour car The country pack suspension obviously means it was to be based outside metro areas, not sure if NSW used anything other than FE2 on their cars so perhaps not a NSW car The sticker on the radar unit means nothing as that would have been obtained years after it finished service Could well have been WA but it'll be a process of elimination. Good start point is WA. A way to eliminate NSW is to locate all of the screw holes drilled in dash, floor and centre console as well as any in the door trims. NSW had a very specific fit out which is easy to recognise.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
I've got some metal intercepter caps if you want them Chris?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT