Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Country Pack vs Sports vs Standard Suspension?

Started by 88vlbt1 · 30 Oct 2016 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

88vlbt1Archived member
Hi fellow VL enthusiasts, Sorry if this has already been addressed, haven't had too much luck with the search and other google searches, but are there any gurus out there that can give me a quick run down on the differences in the suspension options fitted to VLs please? I have a VL with the "Country Pack" suspension fitted, and it looks like I'm going to need to go about and replace the shocks on it as I've been told they're cactus. I'd like to find out mainly what the difference between the options fitted were, Is it just different springs and shocks? or are there other parts that were different between the lot? Can I just get the standard or sports springs and shocks and fit to my struts and trailing arms? or am I going to run into issues here? I'm not keen on the higher sitting of the country pack, but I'm not after super-low either. Do I just try my luck and look for a pair of country pack shocks or can I go and replace springs and shocks and be done with it? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post. Regards, 88vlbt1
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
its all the same mountings etc so yes you can go shrot travel shocks and new springs in the existing setup. theres also thick and thin spring rubbers. if you don't want too low get some fe2 or "low" springs. i'm on superlows atm and i'll go back to fe2 if i ever have to take the suspension out again. until then its ok as is. superlow helps for bodyroll buty if the rest of the suspension is new and ytou have some nice swaybars you can safely go fe2
0 likes
88vlbt1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] its all the same mountings etc so yes you can go shrot travel shocks and new springs in the existing setup. theres also thick and thin spring rubbers. if you don't want too low get some fe2 or "low" springs. i'm on superlows atm and i'll go back to fe2 if i ever have to take the suspension out again. until then its ok as is. superlow helps for bodyroll buty if the rest of the suspension is new and ytou have some nice swaybars you can safely go fe2 Ah nice! Cheers heaps for that. Was worried I would have to end up replacing a heap of kit just to get the suspension back to functional. As stated before, not looking at anything low, just want to get the shockies replaced without having to look for "Country Pack" spec shocks. 88vlbt1
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT