Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Lifters - Genuine vs aftermarket

Started by RB-30-ET · 14 Oct 2016 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB-30-ETArchived member
Just trying to find out how to identify genuine vs non-genuine lifters. Is there any obvious markings/differences to look out for?
0 likes
RB-30-ETArchived member
anyone?
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
pretty sure the genuine Nissan lifter has the nissan logo (one that looks like a chev badge) around the guts of it. cant miss it
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
^ yup
0 likes
RB-30-ETArchived member
thanks for the info. Sadly, I don't think the ones I have here a genuine then. I want to service clean my lifters to try and rectify ticking problem. I read somewhere to not waste your time with aftermarket lifters.
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
hell no, genuine are 10x the price for a reason :P
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT