Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL powersteering line fittings / threads

Started by Geniee · 14 Oct 2016 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

GenieeArchived member
Hey, Does anyone know that the size/threads are for the nuts on the high pressure power steering line? I want to replace the line to clear my turbo intake and currently, i have the pump->stock steel line to AN6 fitting / AN hose to another AN-steel line under the turbo area and that second connection is leaking a bit, was wanting to re-do the lot with AN and braided line.
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
Anyone? I could take them off, but i dont wanna loose all my fluid again, then measure / check , then wait for the parts, etc. I know at the rack they are 2x different sizes.... they are the same style as the brake line / metal hard line fitting/nuts.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Email duke he will be able to sort you out [email removed]
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
ok cheers. I had a look today, and the steel line is 10mm (OD) and the nut is a 16mm so im thinking that might be 3/8" steel line, and from what ive seen on Summit racing , they (in US) use 3/8" Inverted flare to AN-6 adapters.... then you just do the high pressure line AN6-> AN6 at each end. I'll give him an email, and when i find the info, ill put it back in here hopefully to help someone else.
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
got a reply from Duke, he isnt taking any new customers... I dont know what that means, but i guess he cant help me. Ill prob have to pull the line off and measure it all myself Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT