Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

RPM thinking of stalling after boost

Started by Kj23 · 31 Aug 2016 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Kj23Archived member
Hi guys, Have recently got my car tuned up and all sensors replaced. Tuner gave me a list of things to do have done them all 100% no half ass **** As I bought the car raped. Seeing tuner in few weeks just wanting to tinker and learn something for myself . Car thinks about stalling after boost (12psi). And when I give it a boot full and come straight off it sometimes stalls. I have an aluminium air box surrounding pod with AFM (similar to original) And yes the car has an intercooler. I have welded a BOV venting to atmosphere Close as possible to the throttle body ( to stop the compressor surge) as in my opinion could be messing with the AFM. BOV could need adjusting. And don't really want to relocate the AFM some people say it helps and what not. Just wonting to see what other people have done in the situation and I know people are going to say CAS but it's been tested. Please could some one give me some useful knowledge and share there experience Cheers guys Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
If it was my car then BOV into the bin! I know you have already said it but I had the same problem until I put AFM into cooler pipes!
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
Thanks mate for the reply. Just done a lot of work engine bay looks really neat. Don't want to go cutting the piping :/ It could be the best thing but there is always someone on the internet telling you different lol. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
BOV - remove it you are metering air, then dumping it through the BOV, so you are dumping a whole lot of fuel in, and not enough air
0 likes
200seriesArchived member
^^ this is spot on, not much more to say. same with what deano said AFM in the cooler pipes. i can't say much more ahah
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
If I was to plumbing back my BOV where abouts ?? I fitted it because i kept blowing the ass out of my AFMs. Onto 3rd now and it has defaffanty worked. And photos will help thanks guys I'll try and post some pics of my setup if I find out how to Cheers
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Kj23 [View Post] If I was to plumbing back my BOV where abouts ?? I fitted it because i kept blowing the ass out of my AFMs. Onto 3rd now and it has defaffanty worked. And photos will help thanks guys I'll try and post some pics of my setup if I find out how to Cheers I usually relocate the BOV to pre-cooler side and then install a good MAF on post cooler side. if you want to BOV to atmosphere it doesn't affect deceleration fueling. ---------- Post added 12-09-16 at 14:49 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Kj23 [View Post] If I was to plumbing back my BOV where abouts ?? I fitted it because i kept blowing the ass out of my AFMs. Onto 3rd now and it has defaffanty worked. And photos will help thanks guys I'll try and post some pics of my setup if I find out how to Cheers I usually relocate the BOV to pre-cooler side and then install a good MAF on post cooler side. if you want to BOV to atmosphere it doesn't affect deceleration fueling, no need to run another hose/pipe for recirculation which adds the next headache to fit in.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
what ecu are you running?
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] what ecu are you running? Stock VL will do, 3EA/M 51 or (23710-J7100) with a type1 usb Nistune board for RB30 single cams, or a 23710-04U60 or 23710-11U00 for my RB30/26 or RB30/25 but they need a type 2 Nistune board installed.
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
Stock turbo ecu. Stock AFM. Cars running well other wise
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,344 threads, 42,543 posts and 619 images saved from CT

18.5% of indexed threads saved