Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Installing new head.

Started by formula3l · 23 Aug 2016 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

formula3lArchived member
I just bought a new head from Lewis engines in sa. Before I fit it I want to know is there anything that can be done to prevent cracking/warping? My last head cracked in the cam tunnel and a spare head I had laying around was warped 12thou. I have arp head studs and a cometic gasket. Are the arp studs enough to prevent movement or should I get a head girdle like this one? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...alID=EB AY-AU (http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252391431626&globalID=EBAY-AU) Thanks in advance
0 likes
ajayArchived member
Got mine done by a very well known place here in Sydney and it cracked again after 2 months. That was with a cometic gasket as well only running standard boost. Last time i did it myself with a new cam, found a almost virgin head that just needed a light skim, Genuine nissan gasket and ARP studs. Was anal about maxing sure the block surface was clean and 3 yrs later running 15lb of boost and not a problem anywhere. Maybe it's about being a little anal about putting it together properly and there seems to be a small amount of luck involved as well.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 72 images saved from CT