Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Has anyone installed a ems 6860 to their rb30?
I'm going to be using 6 seperate ls1 coils my questions are.
1. Do I wire the injectors in firing order or cylinder order?
2. Do I wire the coils in firing order or cylinder order?
3. Is this diagram the way I should wire up the coils? https://www.efihardware.com/download...Wiring-Diagram (https://www.efihardware.com/download/47/LS1-Coil-Wiring-Diagram)
Thanks in advance for any help
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula3l
[View Post]
Has anyone installed a ems 6860 to their rb30?
I'm going to be using 6 seperate ls1 coils my questions are.
1. Do I wire the injectors in firing order or cylinder order?
2. Do I wire the coils in firing order or cylinder order?
3. Is this diagram the way I should wire up the coils? https://www.efihardware.com/download...Wiring-Diagram (https://www.efihardware.com/download/47/LS1-Coil-Wiring-Diagram)
Thanks in advance for any help
I can say that cylinder order is always used in wiring up ECU's. The Injector trigger and Firing order is set in the ECU if it's not already pre-programmed by OEM.
That is correct wiring for LS1 coils.
note: LS1 coils are wired opposite to LS2 coils if you look at the connectors, NOT interchangeable unless plug is rewired.
Most websites just switch the A,B,C,D ar5e about (I haven't noticed if coil letter marking are opposite to each other TBH).
0 likes
Thanks for the reply mate.
My tuner said to wire in cylinder order also.
I rang ems today and he told me to wire them in firing order.
Reading the ems site I gather my car is sequential and it says wire in firing order so now I'm lost haha
http://www.emsefi.com/images/Manuals...t%20Manual.pdf (http://www.emsefi.com/images/Manuals/Motorsport%20Manual.pdf)
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula3l
[View Post]
Thanks for the reply mate.
My tuner said to wire in cylinder order also.
I rang ems today and he told me to wire them in firing order.
Reading the ems site I gather my car is sequential and it says wire in firing order so now I'm lost haha
http://www.emsefi.com/images/Manuals...t%20Manual.pdf (http://www.emsefi.com/images/Manuals/Motorsport%20Manual.pdf)
The Motorsport ECUs fire the ignition outputs in numerical order. Ensure that output 1 will fire cylinder 1, output 2 will fire the
next cylinder in the firing order, output 3 will
fire the next in the firing order and so on.
Example for a 6 cylinder with firing order 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4
Connect output 1 to plug 1
2 to plug 5
3 to plug 3
4 to plug 6
5 to plug 2
6 to plug 4
That's what the book says. hook it up that way. it appears that the firing order is not user defineable in the ECU therefore you need to go with firing order instead of cylinder order.
0 likes
Thanks mate you're a legend
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula3l
[View Post]
Thanks mate you're a legend
I converted my RB30 to a twin cam w/26 head and instead of going after market ECU for the cop-multi-coil setup & MAP sensor, I went with a R20 ECU and modified a GTR wiring loom to a non-ignitor setup with LS2 coils & used a HPX original MAF... I understand what involved in changing 20 odd wires about if you get it wrong and the complications of firing a brand new engine up at the same time that you spent the last 6 months building. Trying to do that with it installed in the engine bay would be no fun either. All I can say is do one step at a time, double check, then walk off have a break, check it twice before you move on to the next part.
If not sure keep asking as many seemingly dumb questions until its clear in your mind what to do as it better to understand intimately what needs to be done when it comes to reverting it or fault finding it or even explaining it for that matter.
Good luck.
0 likes