Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Oil and coolant lines

Started by A8vlwags · 3 Aug 2016 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

A8vlwagsArchived member
Hey, I have an A8 forged motor that I'm putting in my wagon. And I have a gt3540 but I don't know where the oil lines go and the coolant feed and return lines go. Cheers
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
The big Bung near the back of the block is water and the small Bung central is oil feed.
0 likes
A8vlwagsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] The big Bung near the back of the block is water and the small Bung central is oil feed. But where do people run coolant return lines ?!?
0 likes
CurlyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by A8vlwags [View Post] But where do people run coolant return lines ?!? Generally around to underneath the intake manifold. Factory line was hard piped from turbo to back of head then hose from back of head to under intake manifold.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Do a bit of a search, there is a few threads that cover it. If you like I could make you up a kit and send it out. None of the eBay stuff works unless you are prepared to butcher it all. Depending on what you are going to do with the car and what options you want, prices vary between $300-$500. Email is in the signature.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 226 images saved from CT