22-07-16, 20:35 GMT+10#1
Recently finally acquired an original VL Calais Series 2, 140,000km sandalwood interior immaculate 2 owners from Factory one only held it for a few months before selling it to me. Will be off to maatouks eventually but...
- Car was having problems starting after driving it from Melbourne, finally decided to not start completely. But still cranked, checked. No spark.
- Didn't check ignition coil just replaced entire dizzy not thinking knowing its a common issue with a brand new one.
- Still didn't start or spark but was cranking, idiot. Okay replace ignition coil.
- Car starts, running rough as ****, okay timing is a bit out.
- Come back to fix timing, car won't crank at all. Nothing. Get reds, radio, headlights etc still working but 0 crank.
I'm thinking may have killed the starter motor? But When I bridged with a screw driver still no start or sound. Or do I need someone holding the ignition when I do this?
When turning the car on Ill get a reading with my multimetre around the cable to the starter surge then drop to nothing as soon as it hits it. Can't check what's coming out of starter as multimetre wouldn't fit to clamp cable.
Not a mechanic and haven't played with cars since I was a teenager but not wanting to call for a tow and take this to a mechanics if someone has an idea of what going on.
Cheers,
0 likes
