Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

URGENT help required, electrical

Started by Rb30et87 · 19 July 2016 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Rb30et87Archived member
hey guys, ill explain this best i can. my reverse light in dash comes on as well as my both indicator lights when i put my foot down on brake, when this happens, my reverse lights on back come on and i also cannot indicate. my guess its an earth problem somewhere but where?? anyone else had this issue?
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
lol, i had some funky stuff happening recently when a fuse was blown.... my roof light would come on when i put headlights on. I'd first check all your fuses in the engine bay, actually take them out and use multimeter on em all. I also used the oportunity to rub each of them on sandpaper to get rid of some gunk that was on them. OIn a previous VL i had, the brake lights were a mess, and i ended up running a star type wiring because they piggyback off each other from factory, and some can crack on the rings and screws things up. This may be totally irrelevant to your problem, as theres the reverse switch and brake switch might be causing yours trouble... but guess its a good starting position. Also, check both indicator flasher relays up under the dash.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
x2 start with fuses The brake switch obviously works Check all your brake lights are coming on, it sounds like something may be wrong with the brake lights and current is going elsewhere Mine did all sorts of weird things, I found 2 bulb sockets were corroded so I replaced those and grounded the tail light loom in the boot area Everything actually worked perfectly after that, almost unheard of for a VL haha
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
fuses. my old na whenever i dropped a nueutral banger id blow a fuse and get the same oddball results as you are getting now.
0 likes
Rb30et87Archived member
Thanks guys, I think I have fixed the issue, i think it was the wiring loom in the boot, unplugged it and sprayed it and then worked.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Thought it might be, I was so happy I took a video of mine working cause it's a rare sight lol
0 likes
SQU33CArchived member
having this problem at the moment Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Earth problem
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today33

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 236 images saved from CT