Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi All.
I have an SV88 with 25l Blue trim (as per build plate).
Trying to find some additional parts to complete the factory look and not many around at all.
Is Cerulean Blue the same (I don't think it is but would like this confirmed for me)??
Does anyone know where additional "remanufactured" parts are available from...
Many Thanks
0 likes
Hey Bobstar.
what parts are you after?
Cerulean is not the same i beliueve cerulean is 231 and the blue you have is 251 or 25i or whatever.
remanufactured parts arent really avaliable and much of the sv88 gear was sv88 specific as the only hsv's in vl were the walky and sv88 so the front and rear lips i believe are sv88 specific.
anyway what stuff are you after? much of the headlining and dash plastics are same same as 251 coded calais or sl's.
much of the other gear is shared with the walky. eg wheels and steering wheel.
a lot of it is stock aswell. i believe sideskirts are standard calais as will be boot carpet and lots of the chrome etc.
0 likes
Thanks SIroller!!
I am after Centre console Glasses Pocket and Hi Rise lid for centre console...
Also Interior covers for electric mirrors (Black plastic covers the screws and wiring connection)
I do have an assortment of exterior panel spares - lucky there I purchased them about 8 years ago. Never paid attention to the interior in fine detail and now some of mine are also perished.
Otherwise does the painting of interior come up OK or devalue the originality (I think mine is a pretty rare model so want to be careful there)
0 likes
You are better off finding good quality seconds for the interior, it never looks quite the same if you paint and very hard to match the colour.
There are plenty of spares out there just have to find them.
I have only seen a handful of SV88's up close but I am pretty sure the SV88 was either grey interior (151) or a mix of blue (251) and grey (151), so the dash was blue, console was grey, seats were a mix of both...
Do you have any pics you could post up of yours?
Just a bit of a rant: like SIroller said there are 2 colours:
231 = Cerulean which is green, very popular in VKs but were in some early VLs although quite rare
251 = Blue. There is only 1 blue, over the years I have seen people say light blue vs dark blue, vs greeny blue, vs greyish blue. There is only one blue, over the years parts fade and Holden's quality was never spot on to begin with.
Also a lot of people who don't know go and call blue "cerulean blue", or "cerulean" or "sillian". Don't listen to them they have no idea. It's either blue or it's not.
0 likes
Bobstar I have a white Vl opera edition which im going to wreck shortly that has 3038-25I blue trim in it that's in great condition! Feel free to text me on [phone removed] for any pics or parts that you want, also I'm not after drug money for the parts as the car owes me sweet F all!
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho
[View Post]
You are better off finding good quality seconds for the interior, it never looks quite the same if you paint and very hard to match the colour.
There are plenty of spares out there just have to find them.
I have only seen a handful of SV88's up close but I am pretty sure the SV88 was either grey interior (151) or a mix of blue (251) and grey (151), so the dash was blue, console was grey, seats were a mix of both...
Do you have any pics you could post up of yours?
Just a bit of a rant: like SIroller said there are 2 colours:
231 = Cerulean which is green, very popular in VKs but were in some early VLs although quite rare
251 = Blue. There is only 1 blue, over the years I have seen people say light blue vs dark blue, vs greeny blue, vs greyish blue. There is only one blue, over the years parts fade and Holden's quality was never spot on to begin with.
Also a lot of people who don't know go and call blue "cerulean blue", or "cerulean" or "sillian". Don't listen to them they have no idea. It's either blue or it's not.
Hey Antho...
Thanks for the info and thought as much regarding painting panels. Only do it if desperate!!
Must confess it is getting confusing as even images you see on Ebay etc are different shades of Blue, also found a post somewhere in this Forum stating differing colours depending on Trim codes...
All I know is I want a few parts to match my existing trim but your info has shed some light on that. Agree that they must fade differently and also photo's taken not depicting the true colours.
Thanks Mate - will pop some photo's up but not sure how yet as I have not done much on this forum.
I'll give it a go.
Bobstar
0 likes
everything you listed as needing is standard vl or calais gear apart from the highrise lid which i believe is the blue perforated leather which is sv88 specific.
in saying that you may be able to get some perforated leather from an old buggered seat if you ask around enough. I don't like your chances of finding NOS material however im sure someone somewhere has some.
---------- Post added 20-07-16 at 10:09 ----------
re painting interior i've seen it done very well in 2 friends cars however i'd advise against it if possible. just get good s/hand parts.
---------- Post added 20-07-16 at 10:13 ----------
oh paintring interior can look good but not with ebay or autobran spray cans.
the guys who did it, both are very particular men. if i was to paint a dash it'd turn out rubbish i havent got the patience or eye for it.
0 likes
The material on the high rise lid is just the standard Grey velour.
Everything is pretty much standard colours & materials of the series 2 Calais apart from the perforated leather.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARE88
[View Post]
The material on the high rise lid is just the standard Grey velour.
Everything is pretty much standard colours & materials of the series 2 Calais apart from the perforated leather.
Hi RARE88!!
Would you be able to post a photo of the console if you have an original SV88. I am having trouble finding a picture of one.
---------- Post added 22-07-16 at 18:02 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
[View Post]
everything you listed as needing is standard vl or calais gear apart from the highrise lid which i believe is the blue perforated leather which is sv88 specific.
in saying that you may be able to get some perforated leather from an old buggered seat if you ask around enough. I don't like your chances of finding NOS material however im sure someone somewhere has some.
---------- Post added 20-07-16 at 10:09 ----------
re painting interior i've seen it done very well in 2 friends cars however i'd advise against it if possible. just get good s/hand parts.
---------- Post added 20-07-16 at 10:13 ----------
oh paintring interior can look good but not with ebay or autobran spray cans.
the guys who did it, both are very particular men. if i was to paint a dash it'd turn out rubbish i havent got the patience or eye for it.
Thanks SIroller - Good advice mate. Appreciate it!! I must also say I have come across a couple of Ebay purchases that have restored my faith in humanity. Awesome couple of guys and like me interested in retaining the history of these classic vehicles
0 likes
23-07-16, 19:02 GMT+10#10 i have a 25l blue sunglasses holder if you want i can post for $50 bobstar. i have the centre console highrise as well but the material ontop is very very badly worn
i just got a rolling shell and half the interior is good and the other half is rubbish so i was planning on painting mine so let me know i might have other pieces
0 likes