Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Drivers door Central Lock Problem???

Started by CALTURB · 10 July 2016 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CALTURBArchived member
G'day guys, I am having a problem locking my doors from the drivers door via key switch lock? I can lock/unlock all doors from Passengers door with key but cannot from Drivers door? I've removed the drivers door Trim and can see the two Lock switches on the rods, I have checked both relays in engine bay all good, what could this be? Cheers Guys
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Does the driver's door lock an unlock from the passenger door using the key? It could be a bit of slack in the lock itself or the rods, the driver's door usually gets pretty worn out over the years from all the use. Try disconnecting the rod from the driver's side lock and push / pull it manually to see if it will work the actuator.
0 likes
CALTURBArchived member
G'day Mate, Yep the passengers door via key opens and unlocks all ok, I've got the drivers door trim off and I can see the two rod actuators, one at the key barrel the other next to the lock slide. Just need to know is there a common wire I can short between the other two to open and close the locks, I have a blue, orange and brown with trace in a three pin plug at bottom of door next to the power window motor plug. Need to try fix it ASAP Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] Does the driver's door lock an unlock from the passenger door using the key? It could be a bit of slack in the lock itself or the rods, the driver's door usually gets pretty worn out over the years from all the use. Try disconnecting the rod from the driver's side lock and push / pull it manually to see if it will work the actuator.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Not sure about the wires, I did muck around with them ages ago but can't remember sorry Did you try manually pushing the rods? They might just need adjusting
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT