Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Oil pumps

Started by LS1vycal · 10 July 2016 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

LS1vycalArchived member
I've done a bit of research and thinking that the oil pump I have just bought off eBay advertised as a Vl turbo oil pump is actually a rb20 or rb25 as I understand that visually there is no deference between the Na and vlt except the width of the gears is this true? As the one I just bought has 12 teeth instead of a hell of a lot more like on my na one. It's 11mm thick same as Vl but just 12 gears I have pic one my phone but can't post it. ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 16:22 ---------- http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alis...tml?sort=3&o=1 (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alisha_Rapinett/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmeh7nzxf.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1) ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 16:23 ---------- http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alis...tml?sort=3&o=2 (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alisha_Rapinett/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszmhlpks7.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=2) ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 16:24 ---------- This is what makes me assume that's what I have http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alis...tml?sort=3&o=0 (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alisha_Rapinett/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa3vwjpq8.png.html?sort=3&o=0)
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
I have never seen one with heaps of teeth like your second pic so I can't tell you what that comes from The first pic is definitely same as a VL Difference between VL N/A and VL Turbo is the width of the gear sets, from memory VLT gears are a few mm wider
0 likes
LS1vycalArchived member
Cheers for the reply. Yeah ok so do u think that the last pic I found on Google is wrong then? As both my na Vl ones I have look like that with heaps of teeth. And that's what I thought to about differences was gear width but with how many teeth? ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 17:20 ---------- Any other rb gurus got any input for this
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Just had a look at my spare N/A oil pump VL N/A has 29 teeth like the one in the pic gear is approx 10mm wide VL Turbo has 12 teeth for sure, can't measure the gear set as I just sold my spare one N1 GTR has 12 teeth and gear itself is about 12mm but the drive steps up to 17mm Can you measure the width of the gears on yours?
0 likes
LS1vycalArchived member
Gears are around 11 mm but the flat drive part is deeper its full depth. Like this pick off eBay http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alis...mdhxa.png.html (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Alisha_Rapinett/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0wwmdhxa.png.html) ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 18:37 ---------- Ok just measured it its 16mm overall depth but gears are 11mm ---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 20:08 ---------- Most of the n1 are 11 gears not 12 I think ---------- Post added 11-07-16 at 07:57 ---------- Has anyone got a pic of a standard vl turbo pump with the back off
0 likes
LS1vycalArchived member
Anyone have any more info on what this pump I have is??
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today99

8,935 threads, 61,576 posts and 785 images saved from CT

26.1% of indexed threads saved