Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Vl turbo catch can

Started by Kj23 · 8 July 2016 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Kj23Archived member
Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone could give me a little info on opening up the breathers on top of my tapper cover. I have been told to open them up would -10an be big enough as they already make the adapters. and does the catch can have to have a filter on it thanks -kj
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
if you externally vent the catch can its illegal in vic anyway. legal way is vent the catch can back to the turbo inlet or intercooler piping via a filter. I haven't opened mine up i just got some aeroflow fittings. cant remember what size but they have rb30 in the part # and are designed for the rocker cover. I'd doubt that fitting size is a huge issue unless you are running a bajillion psi and rw killawasp. I'm pretty sure mine are dash 10 adaptors and then dash 10 fittings. running rebuilt nissan t3 6psi 3" exhaust fresh engine and no holes cooler 150 kw atw.
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
yea car is running on 12psi atm probably jump it up to 14psi after this setup is sorted . Just wanting to put the -10an Aeroflow lines in from the stock 6mm holes or whatever they are. Also can you just block the hole up from where the from breather goes into the Intake manifold..Cheers for your help mate .
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
Anyone ???
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Yeah, you can remove the PCV valve and block it up, I used a threaded bung.
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
Cheers mate !!!
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
I had a bit of blow by on a new engine until I fitted bigger breathers. I have not lost anything noticeable (basically none) for the last 5000kms when I went bigger. See below link. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=278676
0 likes
Kj23Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] I had a bit of blow by on a new engine until I fitted bigger breathers. I have not lost anything noticeable (basically none) for the last 5000kms when I went bigger. See below link. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=278676 Cheers mate big help. So -10an is a good size. I'm on 14psi
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Kj23 [View Post] Cheers mate big help. So -10an is a good size. I'm on 14psi From experience through here from long term members (yes). All the best.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Head breather to catch can & catch can to intake before K&N air filer. Just had a 3 inch pipe fabricated with K&N air filter and a 3an pipe running off it. (http://s682.photobucket.com/user/Bretto0356/media/HTURBO%20engine%20bay_zpst64wjeyu.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HTURBO [View Post] Head breather to catch can & catch can to intake before K&N air filer. Just had a 3 inch pipe fabricated with K&N air filter and a 3an pipe running off it. (http://s682.photobucket.com/user/Bretto0356/media/HTURBO%20engine%20bay_zpst64wjeyu.jpg.html) Definitely nicer on that side Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT