Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Differences in door switch???

Started by calaist5 · 8 July 2016 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

calaist5Archived member
Anyone know what the difference is in the two connections for the front drivers door as opposed to the single for the rear? VZ commodore exec. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151718672152 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161743205585 My lights sometime stay on when I lock the car and I'm guessing it's the drivers door switch is sometimes faulty. I ordered the drivers door and went to replace but mine was only a single connection.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
in a vl frnt door is 2 prongs as it splices off to the rear doors whereas rear door is 1 prong. have you checked what your vl is?
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] in a vl frnt door is 2 prongs as it splices off to the rear doors whereas rear door is 1 prong. have you checked what your vl is? I will check this, thanks for reply.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calaist5 [View Post] I will check this, thanks for reply. (http://[URL=http://s799.photobucket.com/user/calaist5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrv56drz9.png.html][IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy279/calaist5/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrv56drz9.png[/IMG][/URL]) (http://s799.photobucket.com/user/calaist5/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrv56drz9.png.html) This is out of my drivers door (Vl). One connection but you can see where it splices off. I rang a holdens spare parts (no idea either). Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Well got an email response from a holden dealer on ebay. They said most holdens are single all the way round. The double one they sell are most likely for vt vx Calais. I've switched a rear to the front and vice versa (no problems yet). Now my left indicator is playing up and staying on some times (may have to do this for a cheap fix This Vz has only clocked over a 100k >> http://homepages.xnet.co.nz/~dolsen/...icator_fix.pdf (http://homepages.xnet.co.nz/~dolsen/VZ_bcm_indicator_fix.pdf) Seems simple enough.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 15 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today17

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 75 images saved from CT