Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey all I was just wondering if anyone on here has used a hypergear turbo on there rb30 I'm looking at getting the factory replacement one they have for sale to run on my vl turbo any help will be appreciated
0 likes
How much are they if you don't mind me asking buddy?
0 likes
Personally haven't used one but will be buying another model of theirs in the coming weeks. Can't find a bad word about them searching threads since nearly 8 years back on the sau forums. Very popular over there and they hit the numbers.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
[View Post]
How much are they if you don't mind me asking buddy?
The I'm looking at is 1330 with braided oil feed mate
---------- Post added 04-07-16 at 17:04 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe185i
[View Post]
Personally haven't used one but will be buying another model of theirs in the coming weeks. Can't find a bad word about them searching threads since nearly 8 years back on the sau forums. Very popular over there and they hit the numbers.
Yeah I can't seem to find much reviews and if I have they haven't been bad ones at all and the numbers there getting seem to pretty good to
0 likes
Ive used lots of them, just not the new vl hi flow
I have used the old G3's. had a prototype ss3 with first SAT turbine
have his td06 20.5g aswell. SS2's, op6 hiflows
have a atr45.5 prototype here for testing on a vl..67mm billet comp/64mm SAT rear 1.06 ford t3 housing.
have another ATR45 SS 62mm gtx 11 blade style .63 prototype aswell to test on rb25
Did a mates sr20 stocky last week with a TD06 20.5g..did 383rwkw on 28psi and was still making grunt, power was still going up when it tapped the limiter to, looks like with a few more pounds and if you lifted
limiter it would go 400rwkw..
Stao probally has the best customer support of any turbo maker.
Be good if one day he steps into the bigger turbo world and made some large shaft turbos to handle big boost..
He does lots of testing, and i have found that if you do as he says, the turbos make the numbers, if you do what he has tested not to work..they don't..sounds simple but people try to cheap out all the time
cheers
darren
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet R31
[View Post]
Ive used lots of them, just not the new vl hi flow
I have used the old G3's. had a prototype ss3 with first SAT turbine
have his td06 20.5g aswell. SS2's, op6 hiflows
have a atr45.5 prototype here for testing on a vl..67mm billet comp/64mm SAT rear 1.06 ford t3 housing.
have another ATR45 SS 62mm gtx 11 blade style .63 prototype aswell to test on rb25
Did a mates sr20 stocky last week with a TD06 20.5g..did 383rwkw on 28psi and was still making grunt, power was still going up when it tapped the limiter to, looks like with a few more pounds and if you lifted
limiter it would go 400rwkw..
Stao probally has the best customer support of any turbo maker.
Be good if one day he steps into the bigger turbo world and made some large shaft turbos to handle big boost..
He does lots of testing, and i have found that if you do as he says, the turbos make the numbers, if you do what he has tested not to work..they don't..sounds simple but people try to cheap out all the time
cheers
darren
Thanks a million darren for that I'm definitely going to get one for the price and the figures there punching out will a reliable set up I can't see me having an issues I'm looking at the G4 for the rb30 in my VL with my fuel system and plenum also the head work I'm getting done I think it's gonna be a great set up I'm hoping to be getting around 420+ HP to begin with and then work on it from there once again thanks heaps mate
Cheer Mark
0 likes
G4 is 3582 equivalant
cheers
darren
0 likes
I had a lot of trouble setting mine up. be ready to modify it as its not a straight bolt on as stated. (it won't fit on a standard manifold hits the rail) also the waste gate actuator had to be modified to fit. On another note i paid extra $100 for express post and it still took over two weeks, tried to call/email several times without a response. Also had to get braided lines as the standard ones didn't work with it... pretty much everything had to be modified lol.
Works fine now its installed but was a pain to do haha
0 likes
^^ been threw all this yrs ago. When did you get yours?
I had to make a actuator bracket then after that he said he got a car
to test for fitment..
so if i was buying a internal gate one id be checking for that..as they use a bulky exh housing
Having said that i just had same problem with a factory ford int wastegate
Housing on a jpc stock low mount manifold modified for 3582
I just end up tapping 10cm of the rail flat and repainting it and it just went on
Cheers
Darren
0 likes
23-07-16, 23:12 GMT+10#10 got mine about 2-3 years ago, yeah he said its a straight bolt on was wayyy off haha
0 likes
02-08-16, 00:44 GMT+10#11 The fitment issue has been welly sorted. I have ended up making an custom T3x setup that bolt up to the VLT using an OEM turbo and dump as Jig. The actuator and bracket has all been changed, now facing forward, not on the side to miss the rail. They now comes with a 3 inches dump pipe with a built in 38mm internal gate that boltup to factory manifold and front pipe. It do require an spacer on manifold that is supplied. On the cold side It does require a 3 inches metal induction pipe and silicon hoses on the cold side running off an .50 comp housing. everything elses bolt up fine at this stage.
0 likes