Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL Dash Light Issues - Help

Started by Rb30et87 · 19 June 2016 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Rb30et87Archived member
Hey Guys, Have tried to put all new globes in dash, which were all LED now and has made no difference. Still looks the same, in particular in the middle of dash and towards the revs. Anyone work out why its not becoming bright? Have also adjusted the dimmer to the full brightness but still not bright
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Did you make sure they are all in the right way? LEDs are polarity sensitive so that might explain why some parts of your dash are darker than others. Not all LEDs are created equal especially if you buy generic brands off eBay. I find they are very hit and miss and a lot of them aren't as bright as they claim to be.
0 likes
Rb30et87Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] Did you make sure they are all in the right way? LEDs are polarity sensitive so that might explain why some parts of your dash are darker than others. Not all LEDs are created equal especially if you buy generic brands off eBay. I find they are very hit and miss and a lot of them aren't as bright as they claim to be. Yer I worked out that LED's have to be a certain way after a lot of f**king around lol. Finally got them in, they are brighter but not by that much, still looks great, probably dont want them to bright anyway.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Sweet as, I swapped my gauge bulbs to LED and they were heaps brighter. I tried a couple in the dash but didn't really like the look personally, I prefer the stock look and just turn the up as bright as they go.
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Rb30et87 [View Post] Yer I worked out that LED's have to be a certain way after a lot of f**king around lol. Finally got them in, they are brighter but not by that much, still looks great, probably dont want them to bright anyway. Great to hear you got them working! Would love to see an updated photo!
0 likes
Rb30et87Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] Sweet as, I swapped my gauge bulbs to LED and they were heaps brighter. I tried a couple in the dash but didn't really like the look personally, I prefer the stock look and just turn the up as bright as they go. Yer I agree, thats why I went with the white LEDs cos it still looks original just little brighter, I will send some photos through
0 likes
Rb30et87Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bo5ton [View Post] Great to hear you got them working! Would love to see an updated photo! Here you go, gives u an idea, still putting dash together, f**k its a b*tch pulling it off and putting it back on
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
Nice work. Looks good.
0 likes
Rb30et87Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bo5ton [View Post] Nice work. Looks good. cheers mate
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
That looks good, I might try it again
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,610 threads, 76,831 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved