Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Relay under dash

Started by Mvs562 · 13 June 2016 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Mvs562Archived member
I have a vl calais turbo, anyone know what the relay is behind the dash under the instrument cluster, its slightly larger than normal?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Is it inside the fuse box panel under the steering wheel?
0 likes
Mvs562Archived member
I think so it was just loose in there somewhere
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Post a pic of it! I just pulled one outta a spare Vl I have to put in my dads vz wagon as his flasher relay had gone funny! It was located in the panel under the steering wheel
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
flasher can is the round one isnt it? what model do you have? on the calais and some berlinas theres heaps of relays under there for elec mirrors and the sorts.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
^^ spot on the flasher is round but wouldn't surprise me if they changed it over the years I'm pretty sure the relays under the dash are for hazards, wipers and ad S1roller said Berlina/Calais has electric windows and mirrors, electric antenna, cruise control
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
Mine had 2x relays. 1-was the flasher 2-was the hazard which also kinda worked with the flasher. I put LED's in my rear lights, had to swap the flasher for a LED one, but my hazards were screwed after that, just lit up and stayed on, i eventually got around to replacing the hazard one too with an LED style., and now everything is fine.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Under my dash in my spare Vl which I just replaced my dads flasher relay with this black one and worked a treat! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/99F9FEEB-2B2F-4311-9875-6478AEF423B8_zps6ulhs4vq.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,864 threads, 90,413 posts and 1,216 images saved from CT

34.7% of indexed threads saved