Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

look at what this guy said about calaisturbo...... haha

Started by 200series · 11 June 2016 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

200seriesArchived member
Hey members, looking into getting more power out of my rb30e, in a vl. It already has extractors and a mandrel bend exhaust system and shortly I will be installing cold air intake. Now I'm looking into installing a stage 3 chip. Where I think I will get close to 150rwhp which is just what I'm after. Problem is timing MUST be set to factory level, which is 15 degrees, mine is presently at 18. How hard is it to change the timing. Also if anybody had experience in chipping rb30's please let me know if it is worth while. The seller will send me a tested ECU with the chip already installed for $250. I think this is reasonable. Finally where is the ECU located in a VL Cheers members (I would have gone to calaisturbo.com for this question, but they are not as good as the people on this site)
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
"Chipped" says it all really
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
doesnt know where an ecu is and pretty sure thered be heaps of guides on timing an rb here. herp derp. better off without him.
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
"hgahahah DERPPPPP!" Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
200seriesArchived member
this was on *oldenholden.com* by the way, and yea that chip extra 23 KW !! watch out
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
wants more power out of a rb30e without advancing the timing.. cant find ecu.. lmao
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 13 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today15

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 69 images saved from CT