Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

4.11's speedo drive

Started by joe185i · 6 May 2016 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

joe185iArchived member
Hi I've purchased a car with 4.11's fitted to an mf5 with a dysfunctional speedo. Having trouble finding a speedo drive for it to fix the speedo. I was thinking an r31 pintara but I'm not completely sure. Extremely difficult finding one though. Do I have any other options? Also for a streeter with a t3 high flow/200rwkw would I be better off dropping to say a 3.7 gear (to go faster). Feels like it runs out of puff too quickly, hits boost then its over, change gears, same thing.
0 likes
SwadzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by joe185i [View Post] Hi I've purchased a car with 4.11's fitted to an mf5 with a dysfunctional speedo. Having trouble finding a speedo drive for it to fix the speedo. I was thinking an r31 pintara but I'm not completely sure. Extremely difficult finding one though. Do I have any other options? Also for a streeter with a t3 high flow/200rwkw would I be better off dropping to say a 3.7 gear (to go faster). Feels like it runs out of puff too quickly, hits boost then its over, change gears, same thing. Hey I have done a similar conversion with a r33 GTST gearbox into my vl. To suit the 4.11 gears you need to remove the cog from an electronic speedo drive from a r33 GTST and install it onto the mechanical speedo drive. This is a DIY guide on how to do it. http://www.jdmlegion.com/KnowledgeBa...a-ee62f51dfaa7 (http://www.jdmlegion.com/KnowledgeBase/Engine%20and%20gearbox%20conversions/Making-a-mechanical-speedo-sender-for-the-RB25-gearbox-f0271b89-cd6e-425d-bc0a-ee62f51dfaa7)
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
3.7 or 3.9 diff gears would be more suitable. You can also fit the cog from an auto R31 skyline. They are 3.9 (white cog) and will be much closer than the 3.45. Its just a matter of tapping out the retaining pins and swapping the cog over. No modification required like with the r33 one.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,279 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved