Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Intercoolers

Started by qldvl5spd · 10 Apr 2016 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

qldvl5spdArchived member
Hey guys, Currently running an ebay spec 600x300x76 on the car (no idea of brand or anything as it was on the body when I got it). Running a gt35 and all the other gear that goes with it. On the dyno the IAT (after the cooler just before the throttle body) Started at 30 degrees and went up to 57 by the end of the run. Only running 20-24 psi On the strip it started off at high 30's and went straight up to 60 degrees not far off the start line. I've gotta do something with it but just wondering what people are running I don't really want to spend $900-1000 just on an intercooler but I will if the benefit over say 3-$400 one will be worth it. I was looking at plazmaman and they do a bar and plate one for $350, Opinions?
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
plazaman $350 one is probably the same as the china one you have. you may have to spend up for a goodie.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Usually those ebay intercoolers are tube & fin. Brought a good one off Tuff car parts a few years ago. Good intercooler & good heat soak/cooling. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=97
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
On a dyno up north like u bud I normally spray mine up with cold water before runs u need to take humidity into account where we live bud I'm still running the g-tech one from my no holes kit, what size r pipes to inlet ect but as vl nitron said ur looks at $1000 for a base good plazmaman
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
HDI GT2 intercooler's are awesome. Efficient and flow really well.
0 likes
qldvl5spdArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltnitron [View Post] plazaman $350 one is probably the same as the china one you have. you may have to spend up for a goodie. Yeah that's pretty much what plazmaman said.. Next step up is the $975 tube and fin, supposedly a lot better ---------- Post added 11-04-16 at 20:55 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] On a dyno up north like u bud I normally spray mine up with cold water before runs u need to take humidity into account where we live bud I'm still running the g-tech one from my no holes kit, what size r pipes to inlet ect but as vl nitron said ur looks at $1000 for a base good plazmaman Yeah you're right there dougs, were up against it up here.. My tuner showed me some logs from two of his cars. Both runs Started at 30 ish degrees, and went up a couple degrees, so thats the goal. Funny you mention the no holes gktech cooler, I've still got mine in the shed.. Might give it a try, I'm using the gktech hot side pipe still and a 3 inch on the cold side. Leaning towards going the good plazmaman but I'll do some more research Those hdi gt2's seem to have a good rep
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 226 images saved from CT