Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Return of Aprce8

Started by Aprec8 2. · 6 Apr 2016 · 20 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Aprec8 2.Archived member
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum so I apologise in advance if i have posted in the wrong section. I have been passed down my dad's vl known as Aprce8. It is in a pretty bad state right now, hasn't seen the road nor been started for around 8 years. My goal is to let it see the road again but i believe there are a few things that need to be done and a few parts needing to be replaced. Was just hoping someone could lead me in the right direction and name a few garages or people that are able to help, where i can find parts and just general information on the car itself. Thank you everyone! (currently don't know how to upload photos, be up once i figure it out!) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I loved this car in its very first build - after it kind of lost its way I think. But it should make for an amazing project.
0 likes
GTOIIIArchived member
The VL mag of this car when it had vn group a wheels is the reason i fell in love with VLs
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
A father passing a VL down to a son. That's so awesome. I think I can see a jump starter? Did you get it working?
0 likes
Aprec8 2.Archived member
Unfortunately not, probably need to flush out all the old fluids and drain the petrol and put in some new petrol as it has been so many years since its been started
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
That's grouse!! I actually wanna come over and help fire it up
0 likes
Aprec8 2.Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] That's grouse!! I actually wanna come over and help fire it up Hahaha i'll let you know when i start working on it! where abouts from melbourne are you from?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Loved this car and so glad it's still kicking about mate Agree with Deano but we're old mate well just sink beers and "supervise" Good luck with it mate!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I'll come help/watch! I'm in greensborough man! Got no time to work on my own cars but wanna come over lol
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
anyone got pics of this from when it was in its prime?
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by KALAY [View Post] anyone got pics of this from when it was in its prime? http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=95161
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
Katsa help the kid, sink beers, this bloke hahahaha
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Michael im helping by drinking mate someone has to do the dirty jobs! plus supervision is a must Also to the guy that started the thread (sorry didn't catch your name) Is your old man still keen to lend a helping hand? Surely he would be over the moon as no doubt it would bring back countless memories. On a side not good on him for holding onto it for all these years. That's something I can definitely aprec8!
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
This was one of the vls that got me into vls !
0 likes
adrian-85Archived member
So what happened? Did you fit a dizzy, time it up and slap in some fresh fuel to fire it up?? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
You need some better light in your garage so you can see what you are doing :P
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
progress?
0 likes
200seriesArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] You need some better light in your garage so you can see what you are doing :P haha i was thinking the exact same thing ! Awesome car though, is it a factory calais turbo ?
0 likes
madazzArchived member
loved this thing when it was dfectv.
0 likes
adrian-85Archived member
What happened to this car???
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 346 images saved from CT