26-03-16, 22:18 GMT+10#1
Hey all,
I want to hack up my spare exec dash and put some autometer stuff in it.
In this thread tho, i want to focus on Speedo drive and eCU input as i have the rest of the gauges sorted (oil press, fuel, temp. volts).
Now i know that the VLs use a mechanical drive cable that runs to the back of the dash which runs the speedo but also creates the ECU signal through its internals.
I also read from other forums that the R31 skyline doesnt do this but uses a electric unit on the gearbox that feeds its cluster (and prob the ecu / auto comp).
My question is, has anyone with a VLT ecu or nistune VLT ecu managed to convert to electric (as i will prob be running an autometer speedo). and then what do you do to send the elect signal to the ecu?
I am also not too sure how effective the speed sensor is in the drivability of the car, as mine was throwing up VSS codes for ages on my current dash and everything seemed fine when driving.
I cant seem to find any forum posts or info on the 4N71B electric VSS or mechanical to elect. .
Autometer sell a conversion kit which plugs into the gearbox, but they state GM or Ford, and well.... we all know the Jatco in the VL doesnt really fit that.
btw. i am referring to Summit Racing online, so they would have no idea about a VL
Hoping for some info.
Thanks
0 likes
