Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

HUD Unit and VSS Signal

Started by EvilPet · 21 Mar 2016 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

EvilPetArchived member
I want to install a non-GPS HUD unit in my VL Turbo. https://furoreproducts.co.uk/hud-spe...?search=Canbus (https://furoreproducts.co.uk/hud-speedometer?search=Canbus) Where do I get the VSS signal from? Also do I need the CANBUS unit?
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Cruise control wire to the dash will give you VSS, this also goes to the Auto controller thats under the drivers dash..
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve [View Post] Cruise control wire to the dash will give you VSS, this also goes to the Auto controller thats under the drivers dash.. Thanks. My cruise control isn't connected. The switch is for show and plugs into the wiring harness. In the absence of cruise control, where can I get the signal? This is the kit I want to design into my dash. https://furoreproducts.co.uk/hud-spe...h=HUD%20Speedo (https://furoreproducts.co.uk/hud-speedometer?search=HUD%20Speedo)
0 likes
SteveArchived member
I'd have to dig out my book later in the week to tell you the exact wire...
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
VSS is Pin 29 on the ECU. pin 5,6,7,8 on the cluster connector. 5 is 4x pulse, 6,7,8 are 2x pulse outputs that go to other control units like AT, Cruise etc. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by bachig24u [View Post] VSS is Pin 29 on the ECU. pin 5,6,7,8 on the cluster connector. 5 is 4x pulse, 6,7,8 are 2x pulse outputs that go to other control units like AT, Cruise etc. Perfect! Thanks for the info. I bought the unit so now designing where it should be moulded into the dash cowling. ---------- Post added 22-03-16 at 20:36 ---------- (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/evilpetzoo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.gif.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Installed. Check out update in the "In Progress" section.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today4

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT